Lockers

Wrenching and Technical Information

Moderator: Club Officers

Ctrow

Lockers

Post by Ctrow »

I'm getting a locker for my 44 rear, i'm looking at the Lockright and Aussie. The Aussie is cheaper, anybody got any advice?
1987 MJ, "Trowmanche v2.0"
1998 Cummins
2012 Jeep Compass (Mals)
currupt4130

Post by currupt4130 »

Aussie. Ran it, beat it, sold it. The guy's still beating it and it's never had a problem.
Ctrow

Post by Ctrow »

I think i'm gona go with the Aussie, unless anyones got some horror stories.
1987 MJ, "Trowmanche v2.0"
1998 Cummins
2012 Jeep Compass (Mals)
Steinberg

Post by Steinberg »

I believe Clay sheared pins on an Aussie.
The Rescue Ranger: in pieces and scattered about the yard.
yotacowboy

Post by yotacowboy »

yeah, i had an early production (1st batch sold) aussie in my toy (8") up front. up at dig bogs i broke a short side inner axle, and the shock loading sheared the pins. Bill @ aussie locker was pretty astonished... but took care of everything, sent me a new set of pins free of charge (overnite!). I sent the sheared pins back to him, and he said he was going to have his manufacturer change the material/alloy/heat treat just a bit. as far as i know, there are only two people that have broken the pins on a toyota application, and they were both part of the first batch sold in the US...

I sold the locker (3 years ago, i think), and it's been flogged upon ever since with no trouble!

if there was one thing i learned, tho: there are those that have ARB's and those that will eventually have ARB's. especially if its a front locker, i would never go back to anything else. and a lunchbox locker is always just a lunch box locker, they're tough, but not indestructable.

I've got a lock-wrong in the rear of my junk and it's held up just fine for 5 years or so.
'91 Reg. Cab Yota DD: DOA 22re RV, .060 over,270 cam,ported,Thorley Tri-Y,2.25 cat,Flowey 40,SAS'd,Locked,Longed,Pig'd,Bumpered,Slidered,Sky wide axle,5.29's,Duals,Sky Tcase skid,37" Iroks,2.5" BS blk steelies,Allpro Hy-steer,HighAngle D-lines