Introduction

Moderator: Club Officers

OtherMike

Introduction

Post by OtherMike »

Well hello all,

I'm Mike Jannell, I've been at VT and in Blacksburg for a year but have been working in Richmond or driving to NoVa about every weekend so haven't had much free time out here until this semester (Senior ME...finally). I'm a welder by trade and have been for the last 7 years so i'm very strong on the fabrication side but a little weak in auto mechanics, I know the basics and can do just about anything I've seen done once but I have a fair amount to learn... sort of in the learn about it as it breaks stage.

I drive an orange 88 toyota short box with a custom bed on it. At the moment its pretty mild as I didn't plan on wheeling it much out here and don't want to throw too much money at it until i can stuff a solid axle up front. so immediate plans just call for stuffing a detroit in the rear and wheeling it till the front breaks.

I'll snap a few driveway shots tomorrow.

Mike
[/img]
Billet Benny

Post by Billet Benny »

What's up, Mike. Don't see you around much this semester. Let me know what you ended up choosing for senior design.
Benny
'98 Taco
'05 Taco
'00 Cummins
OtherMike

Post by OtherMike »

Benny, how's it going.

I ended up on the cognitive humanoid robot team in RoMeLa. I'm trying to get some welded titanium on the thing, should be fun. Other than that i'm taking all the senior required crap a materials testing course and an FEA course. I took 4 classes this summer (don't do that). been meaning to give you a call and see what your up to.

They won't let me weld in the ware lab without the BSE welding course (crap). Evidently a year of trade school seven years of experience and 15 odd API and AWS certifications aren't good enough :roll: but luckily RoMeLa has its own welding setup, don't neeeed no stinkin ware lab.

Let me know what your up to, we'll have to catch up.

Mike
Ctrow

Post by Ctrow »

welcome to the club, see you sunday :thumby:
1987 MJ, "Trowmanche v2.0"
1998 Cummins
2012 Jeep Compass (Mals)