HintonYota

Re: Terry's Xterra

Post by HintonYota »

Any pictures from Potts?
2002 4Runner Sport
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

There was several in the pott's thread in the tail ride section.
Terry
Offroading: The hobby of turning perfectly good vehicles into scrap metal. :cool:
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

Got the steering rack swapped out and now I have to put u-joints in the front shaft. Hoping to get that done this week. Next on the agenda is a fluid change in the diffs and t-case.
Terry
Offroading: The hobby of turning perfectly good vehicles into scrap metal. :cool:
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

Been a while since I updated this i guess.

Swapped in some P4X diffs with 3.69 gears and a rear locker. Also built a drawer set for the back since this is getting more and more dedicated to overland type trips with the kids.

I had to swap the t-case this summer. The front output bearings started spinning in the case.
Terry
VerticalTRX
Club President

Post by VerticalTRX »

It sure went good the last time we were at potts. I guess you changed the t-case shortly after the trip?
'79 F-150
'49 CJ-3A
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

Yeah. It was getting BAD! :eek: Used case with 29k miles was $100, didn't think that was bad.

Its about time for new tires. I've got nearly 50k on these Coopers. Probably move the Terra Grapplers off my truck to the X and put Coopers on the truck. The Nittos are a little louder than I wanted for the truck anyways.
Terry
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

Once the Zook is going, I'm gonna get a couple things done to the X to get it ready for the summer.

I need to get a rear bumper with a tire carrier. I'm thinking about going with 285/75/17s next to round. Move up about 1" in OD but keeping the same width. I'll have to change wheels though.
Terry
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

Bunch of maintenence work today. Ready to go wheeling soon!
Terry
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

Replaced all my leaf spring and shackle bushings. What a chore.... Now I've got to rebuild my shocks
Terry
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

This is behind, I've finally received my Maxterra bumper and been working on front end setup some.

I swapped out spacers to a thicker one to get the most down travel out of my suspension. I had to put in taller bump stops because my upper control arms were hitting the inner fenders. That left some shock travel unused so I needed to get that back.
Terry
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

20230813_125831.jpg
20230813_125831.jpg (111.35 KiB) Viewed 57005 times
Terry
VerticalTRX
Club President

Post by VerticalTRX »

Looks good, glad we twisted your arm to make it down to the field. :thumby:
'79 F-150
'49 CJ-3A
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

Terry