Started my SAS this weekend on the Taco

Moderator: Club Officers

GilesTaco

Started my SAS this weekend on the Taco

Post by GilesTaco »

Me and Krantz started the swap this weekend on the taco. We have everything done but the steering shaft the shock towers and I have to order the tie rod and drag link in the morning. Its turning out damn good and hope to have it on the road by the end of next weekend.
Here are some pics of the progress. Its under SAS Progress. These dont depict what we have done because the camera died this morning before we got started. Let me know what ya think.
[/img]http://community.webshots.com/user/bsscheid
yotacowboy

Post by yotacowboy »

looks good! waggy springs? i'd maybe think about running some spring clamps on them, i kinked mine, and it looked pretty scary when everything was drooped out, only hanging on one leaf. you can call up places like Deaver or Alcan and get just the bolt-on spring clamps like you see on all-pro's and marlin's springs.
'91 Reg. Cab Yota DD: DOA 22re RV, .060 over,270 cam,ported,Thorley Tri-Y,2.25 cat,Flowey 40,SAS'd,Locked,Longed,Pig'd,Bumpered,Slidered,Sky wide axle,5.29's,Duals,Sky Tcase skid,37" Iroks,2.5" BS blk steelies,Allpro Hy-steer,HighAngle D-lines
GilesTaco

Post by GilesTaco »

They are the waggy springs. I am going to get the clamps and stuff set up and try and fab some bump stops at the same time. We flexed it out and the springs will invert if your not careful.