Fizboy's 84 Toy ota

Show off your build here!

Moderator: Club Officers

Steinberg

Post by Steinberg »

What kind of power do you have available at your shop? My stick welder is always available, and I might even be able to lend myself too.
The Rescue Ranger: in pieces and scattered about the yard.
Fizboy

Post by Fizboy »

I took it to T&K on Prices Fork. They are only 200 yds from my house so I could take it to them then walk back home.

The shop only has 110v. I wish it had 220v so I could own a real welder. The welder I have is only an 80 or 90amp I think. So all I can do is tack thick metal together.
84 Toy PU. 20R, Rear Chevy spring swap, Front 4" Allpro springs, Crap ton of other stuff.
Fizboy

Post by Fizboy »

:idea: I will probably be working on it tonight and tomorrow night after 7pm once I get off work. Then most of the day Sunday. The plan is to build spring hangers or longer shackles, work on exhaust, extend drive shafts, and flip a J arm.

If anyone is interested I will provide beer but you need to let me know if you are coming out so I can pick up enough beer. :thumby:

You can reach me on my cell 504-230-7261
84 Toy PU. 20R, Rear Chevy spring swap, Front 4" Allpro springs, Crap ton of other stuff.
jonesy

Post by jonesy »

is there any way you could get it to my shop in christiansburg? i have a 220V stick/TIG and i can weld it for you ...
Fizboy

Post by Fizboy »

Where is your shop in C-burg?? I will probably bring it by at some point.

I think I have found a temporary solution by putting on longer shackles.
Stinson

Post by Stinson »

yea when I drove by today I could see a massive shackle from the road :mrgreen:
86 toy: the wheeler
99 F250 Powerstroke
05 KTM 525exc: woods weapon
03 XR650R
Fizboy

Post by Fizboy »

Yeah, isn't it all bright and shiny? :thumby:

I thinks it needs to get some dirt on it. Hopefully this weekend/sunday. Going to take it back to try the inspection thing again tomorrow. :roll:

Got any time on Fri. afternoon/evening to help me work on those drive shafts?? I have a half shaft that I picked up from the pick and pull that we can cut and splice.
jonesy

Post by jonesy »

Fizboy wrote:Yeah, isn't it all bright and shiny? :thumby:

I thinks it needs to get some dirt on it. Hopefully this weekend/sunday. Going to take it back to try the inspection thing again tomorrow. :roll:

Got any time on Fri. afternoon/evening to help me work on those drive shafts?? I have a half shaft that I picked up from the pick and pull that we can cut and splice.
Precision Business Storage
806 Radford St
Christiansburg, va

orange and white storage units next door (same side of the street) to Precision Glass.

give me a call and i can swing by your place and take a look at what needs to be welded up and we can figure everything out.
Stinson

Post by Stinson »

Fizboy wrote:Yeah, isn't it all bright and shiny? :thumby:

I work till 5pm mon thru fri, and I wont have time fri evening either. Ill have to get back with you and let you know when I gots some time.
86 toy: the wheeler
99 F250 Powerstroke
05 KTM 525exc: woods weapon
03 XR650R
Fizboy

Post by Fizboy »

All I want is my rig inspected. I talked to the guy today and he said that he is going to have to call the state trooper to take a look at it. This won't be until some time next week.

Does anyone know of a place around here that is use to inspecting highly modified cars and trucks so I can just get the thing inspected????
BlueDodgeRam

Post by BlueDodgeRam »

I take my vehicles that I need inspected to Dons in Cambria. When he inspected my 1500 he turned the headlights on and off, and proceeded to write up a sticker.

in and out in 5 min :flipoff2:
Treehugger v2.0

'16 GMC Sierra Denali HD 3500SRW, Duramax

'07 WRF450F Supermoto
Fizboy

Post by Fizboy »

Hey Stinson or Jonesy or anyone else, if I get my truck back by the end of the week would any of you have any time Friday, Sat. after 7, or Sunday to help me work on the drive shafts and maybe some other stuff. I'll buy beer for your trouble.
jonesy

Post by jonesy »

Fizboy wrote:Hey Stinson or Jonesy or anyone else, if I get my truck back by the end of the week would any of you have any time Friday, Sat. after 7, or Sunday to help me work on the drive shafts and maybe some other stuff. I'll buy beer for your trouble.
i might be around ... but i wont help on driveshafts, mine always turn out looking like a banana :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

what are you needing help with?
Fizboy

Post by Fizboy »

Well the state trooper said I need to fix a few things.

The steering needs to be fixed by doing a j-arm flip. Which I started but my press is not strong enough so I have to find one bigger than a 12 ton. Hopefully I can take care of this tomorrow.

The brakes need to be adjusted, or they may have air in the lines. I could use help bleeding them.

I still want to weld on a new spring hanger but that can wait since the trooper didn't say I needed to fix that. I want to see how the springs flex as it is anyway.

If I can get that stuff fixed tomorrow I think I could have it on bobcat Sunday.
Fizboy

Post by Fizboy »

It finally has an inspection sticker!!!! :mrgreen: I'm driving it around to see what breaks.:thumby:

So now it is on to the list of things I would like to do before April 18th.

1. Redesign the rear shock mounts. I have pipe, does anyone have a bender?
2. Weld new rear spring hangers on for the rear shackles as well as some frame reinforcements.
3. Install longer front shackles.
4. Extend the drive shafts.
5. Install a locker in the rear. The open diff. SUCKS :flipoff2: Can barely make it up my drive way. Anyone on here have a locker that will fit a 30 spline 8in toyota diff. they want to sell???
6. Make some sort of rear bed.
7. Install a radio and CB radio.
8. Change all the fluid in the diffs., tranny, X-fer, and engine.
9. Oh and fix an oil leak that will probably require a head gasket.

As you can see my list is pretty long. Anyone want to help in the evenings for BEER???
Last edited by Fizboy on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.