New guy

Show off your build here!

Moderator: Club Officers

TerryD

Post by TerryD »

You could run what you have but pass it through the radiator cooler first. That will bring it down to cold side radiator temperature and then pass it through your thermostat then through the tube/fin cooler. That would remove the most heat w/o letting the transmission get too cold. Still not an ideal install in my eyes, but much better than trying to rely on the tube/fin cooler by itself. :thumby:
Terry
Offroading: The hobby of turning perfectly good vehicles into scrap metal. :cool:
Big Rick

Post by Big Rick »

TerryD wrote:You could run what you have but pass it through the radiator cooler first. That will bring it down to cold side radiator temperature and then pass it through your thermostat then through the tube/fin cooler. That would remove the most heat w/o letting the transmission get too cold. Still not an ideal install in my eyes, but much better than trying to rely on the tube/fin cooler by itself. :thumby:
I installed the new cooler after the radiator. So it was using both. I'm going back to the original plan which is to go from the trans to the radiator like stock then to the thermostat. Then either straight to the remote filter or through the aftermarket cooler then to the filter then back to the trans.
2012 Silverado
2009 KLR650
Big Rick

Post by Big Rick »

OK...so I went to install the new huge trans cooler for the trip to MD. I was also planning to install a trans temp gauge to keep an eye on it. Encountered some problems and ended up just installing the new cooler in place of the old shitty one and, while trying to find power for the gauge, somehow blew something electrical and all of the instrument illumination went out. Ran out of time trying to find the problem and ended up having to put everything back together in the dark. Drove back to my parents place the next day. My buddy was going to drive the Bronco up to MD while I followed him in my car. We left my parents' place just after dark and went to BK to grab some dinner. On the way there, I noticed that the running/taillights didn't work. Brake lights, turn signals and reverse lights all work fine...just not lit with the lights on. He was getting nervous about driving it without lights...even though I was following him. It was in the middle of the trip and I wasn't going to find the real problem that night /tired. This was the solution...I don't think its exactly legal...and its definitely not what I would prefer...but this is what we came up with...

Good thing they opened that walmart in KG! Otherwise it would have been about 20 miles before we'd have some running lights.

Looks like my next project is going to be continuing to chase down that electrical gremlin. My new theory is that it might be the switch...may be just part of it went bad.
Last edited by Big Rick on Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2012 Silverado
2009 KLR650
Btothefnrock

Post by Btothefnrock »

love it rick...
78 CJ7
willhf1011

Post by willhf1011 »

My taglight on my trailer is a flashlight I picked up at a truck stop one night haha, it no longer works though.
93 YJ Under Construction