Transfer Case questions

Wrenching and Technical Information

Moderator: Club Officers

offroadchevyguy

Transfer Case questions

Post by offroadchevyguy »

Alright guys I just got my hands on a NP208 T case out of a chevy fullsize truck.....heres what I wanna do with it, I want to make my truck with dual transfer cases but I don't know if I can mate a 203 and a 208 together? Anyone know if its possiable?
Leach

Post by Leach »

You can utilize a divorced setup. I think advanced adapters sells a mini driveshaft just for this, and its what was used on the ranger with no problems out of it so far. You will still need to lengthen/shorten driveshafts, and build a second crossmember for the 208 and lengthend shift levers/etc. but it should work. Hope that points ya in the right direction.

leach
member # dos
Fonger

Post by Fonger »

Buy a 205...Keep that 208 for some other project, and get a NP-205 for your doubler. Nobody that I can find makes a doubler setup for a 203 to a 208. I know you probably don't want to hear it, but buy a 205 and be done with it.
I feel like a hundred bucks...
offroadchevyguy

Post by offroadchevyguy »

Thanks guys, I'll probably do what you said Adam I really want a 205 anyway, but finding one for a good price well.........thats a whole entirely diffrent thing. Got any good ideas.......and with that being said anyone want a 208 for cheap.lol
alk1174
Club President

Post by alk1174 »

Dont know if you are still checking this post but my 17yr old neighbor has a 205 that you probably could get cheap
Billet Benny

Re: Transfer Case questions

Post by Billet Benny »

offroadchevyguy wrote:Alright guys I just got my hands on a NP208 T case out of a chevy fullsize truck.....heres what I wanna do with it, I want to make my truck with dual transfer cases but I don't know if I can mate a 203 and a 208 together? Anyone know if its possiable?
I know if it's possible. And yes it is possible. It will cost you more than buying a 205 and going that route tho.
Benny
'98 Taco
'05 Taco
'00 Cummins