Good Hunting places near Blacksburg? for Bow and Rifle?

Moderator: Club Officers

Bumble Bee

Good Hunting places near Blacksburg? for Bow and Rifle?

Post by Bumble Bee »

I've never been hunting down in Blacksburg and I'm trying to find some good places to start spotting in preparation of hunting season any ideas?
zach119

Post by zach119 »

Try the national forest
-Zach

2003 Ford F150 work truck piece of crap- sold
1998 Dodge Ram, 35s, 456s- sold
2000 Powerstroke tow rig on DUBs- once rolled- sold
2004 Dodge Ram Hemi tow rig
1995 YJ on BLOCKS
tsmall07

Post by tsmall07 »

There isn't much good hunting around blacksburg unless you can get on a decent sized piece of private land. Too many red necks shooting everything that walks...
"The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration."

"Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist"
MILLER

Post by MILLER »

tsmall07 wrote:There isn't much good hunting around blacksburg unless you can get on a decent sized piece of private land. Too many red necks shooting everything that walks...
Bull shit. You just have to find areas no one else wants to go. And not too many people out during bow season. Go to that backpacking store on main street if it is still there and start looking through their topo maps. Or spend some time on Google Maps or Earth.
92 Toyota pickup, 5VZFE, SAS, 30 splines, football cover, spooled and welded, 4.10s, SOS prototype rear disc brake conversion, soon to be Maryland inspected
tsmall07

Post by tsmall07 »

MILLER wrote: You just have to find areas no one else wants to go.
You mean your old place? Not everyone has the luxury of hunting from their bedroom window. :mrgreen:
MILLER wrote: Go to that backpacking store on main street if it is still there and start looking through their topo maps. Or spend some time on Google Maps or Earth.
They've moved. Can't remember where. There is another hiking store by the hospital though.
"The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration."

"Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist"
MILLER

Post by MILLER »

No, I mean the place an old roommate and I found. Limited access (creek crossing) in Jefferson National Forrest. No one else knew about it. I shot a very large bodied 6 pointer there and my roommate came back one time as white as a ghost because of the size of the buck he saw. The places are there, just got to do your homework.

The bedroom window was too tempting. They crossed almost underneath of it almost everyday, cheaper and better for you than the beef in the stores.
92 Toyota pickup, 5VZFE, SAS, 30 splines, football cover, spooled and welded, 4.10s, SOS prototype rear disc brake conversion, soon to be Maryland inspected