WTB: Toytoa IFS junk

Parts, vehicles, fab and mechanic work, etc.

Moderator: Club Officers

BustedYota

WTB: Toytoa IFS junk

Post by BustedYota »

Ran bobcat today and broke SOMETHING on root hill... Its either CVs or something in the front diff, i think. It was raining, so i just turned around and went home. I'll check it out tomorrow when its dry.

Anyway, I figured some of you SAS yota guys might have your IFS waste laying around.. If so, I'll be interested in buying some used junk to hold me over until the SAS.

Thanks.
Arya Ebrahimi

Post by Arya Ebrahimi »

What year? I don't know if all the mini-truck stuff is compatible. It might be, I honestly don't know.

I might be making a run to the shop this weekend, and have all the shit I cut off my '86. If you need some of it, let me know.

Ary
BustedYota

Post by BustedYota »

Its a 1993 I believe. I went out and looked... It appears that the CVs are still in tact, so I'm guessing its either ring gear, spiders, or maybe even the t-case chain... sound like it was up front though. I'm pretty sure its the 7.5" ring gear for this truck... i'll check on the gear ratio and crap once it dries out.

Thanks for the quick reply.
MtnToys

Post by MtnToys »

I have an 86 parts 4runner with all the IFS stuff. I’m pretty sure its all the same from 86-95. Give me a call, 717-514-2992, if you need any parts. If you need a front 3rd, the one I have is 4.30.
Matt
85 4Runner
97 4Runner
97 LX450 Diesel
BustedYota

Post by BustedYota »

Well, I went out today to see what's broken... i'm pretty positive its the ring gear... i haven't taken the diff out yet though. I looked up the axle code and it says the gear ratio is 3.15. I'm thinking this may be common on the V6 manuals like mine.

Miller, do you have any of your old IFS stuff that you'd be willing to part with?
BustedYota

Post by BustedYota »

Matt,

I tried giving you a call back, but for some reason its telling me that your number has been disconnected.

I'm in amsterdam right now, but I should have access to the internet, so if you get a chance to reply or send me a new phone number or something that would be great.

The reason i'm lookin for you is that I DO need that 4.30 center section and shafts and what not. We agree on $110 on the phone for all of it and you mentioned that you would probably head back to blacksburg toward the end of may, so thats fine. I"ll be back in the country on the 8th of June.

Thanks for the help... I really appreciate it.

-Joe Harwell

-Joe
MtnToys

Post by MtnToys »

PM you :thumby:
Matt
85 4Runner
97 4Runner
97 LX450 Diesel
MILLER

Post by MILLER »

I took all of my IFS crap to the scap yard, where it belongs. Sorry
92 Toyota pickup, 5VZFE, SAS, 30 splines, football cover, spooled and welded, 4.10s, SOS prototype rear disc brake conversion, soon to be Maryland inspected