Potts Mountain clean up 2008!

Moderator: Club Officers

Roadenz

Potts Mountain clean up 2008!

Post by Roadenz »

Hey guys, our club got an invite from SWVA4W to participate in the annual Potts Mtn trail clean up on Saturday April 5th. They suggested that I invite your club as well.

Not sure times yet but will more than likely meet at the intersection of HWY 42 & Hwy 311 in New Castle at the gas station. Stay tuned for more details.

If you would rather, we can all meet around here and ride up together.

Thanks,
Chris Rutherford
NRV Jeep Club
Fonger

Post by Fonger »

That sounds like a plan. I know we'd love to help out and this would be a great way to get to meet a bunch of you guys.

Thanks

-Adam
I feel like a hundred bucks...
Jhowery

Post by Jhowery »

Fonger wrote:...this would be a great way to get to meet a bunch of you guys.

Thanks

-Adam
We have a plan for this also. Stay tuned!
jonesy

Post by jonesy »

Jhowery wrote:
Fonger wrote:...this would be a great way to get to meet a bunch of you guys.

Thanks

-Adam
We have a plan for this also. Stay tuned!
i refuse to play icebreaker games.
Jhowery

Post by Jhowery »

no icebreaker needed. We are in the planning stages....
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

Come on Cody, you know you like playing spin the bottle with strangers.... :brow:

I'm up for it, who's comming with me?
Terry
Offroading: The hobby of turning perfectly good vehicles into scrap metal. :cool:
Andy_XJ

Post by Andy_XJ »

TerryD wrote:Come on Cody, you know you like playing spin the bottle with strangers.... :brow:

I'm up for it, who's comming with me?

I may play, but I'm not kissing none of you guys.

WoW, that's a real good first post...
Roadenz

Post by Roadenz »

I got more info, here's our post:

Ok plans are shaping up. We need to be at the Ranger Station in New Castle to meet up with the Forest Service and SWVA4W @ 9am.

Our club will meet at the intersection of HWY 311 & HWY 42 in New Castle at the gas station there by 8:30.
I understand that there is not much in the way of trash on the trail but more brush and downed trees. Since this is a Forest Service planned event I will bring my chainsaw just in case. Only if you have your USFS certification will you be able to use a chainsaw.

I am going to post up to Sinking Creek these same plans. If folks want to ride up to New Castle as a group we can do that too...

Post up if so maybe we could meet at Hardees on Prices Fork around 7:30ish...

I know this seems a little early but by the time we hit the trail it will be 10 or so and most of know it can take a little longer to get through when we have more than 20 rigs on the trail at one time.

Post up comments/thoughts/concerns/advice/stock tips!

If you are a member of the SWVA4W website, here is their post:
http://swva4w.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=669

Thanks
Chris
NRV Jeep Club
Arya Ebrahimi

Post by Arya Ebrahimi »

Is the Forest Service gonna be riding along with us and "supervising"? Will we have time to play? Just curious, I'll probably still come unless I have a scheduling conflict I'm unaware of.
alk1174
Club President

Post by alk1174 »

I am planning on going. Is there anyone that would be interested in staying up there sat night and making a weekend out of it?
Arya Ebrahimi

Post by Arya Ebrahimi »

alk1174 wrote:I am planning on going. Is there anyone that would be interested in staying up there sat night and making a weekend out of it?
Not sure of my schedule for that weekend yet, but I might be up for camping.
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

So who all is going?
Terry
Offroading: The hobby of turning perfectly good vehicles into scrap metal. :cool:
alk1174
Club President

Post by alk1174 »

I am still planning on going. Tried to get into the SWVA4W forum to get more details and see if we could bring anything to help out but it will not let me in. Anyone know anymore details.
Arya Ebrahimi

Post by Arya Ebrahimi »

BTW, I'm still planning on going, but I'm out for camping.

Might even have to leave early 'cause I need to be back in blacksburg by 5 or 6.
Jhowery

Post by Jhowery »

Roadenz covered most of it. Bring gloves and your lunch. If you have loping sheers, bring them to help cut brush. We know it is an early start, but we would rather get off the mountain early afternoon/evening. We appreciate all the help!

Arya, I have to leave early also.

We are also organizing a open trail ride on Pott during the weekend of July 5th and 6th. You can check our Trail Ride Forum for info. If you have problems joining, let me know. Meet in the Middle is open to all vehicles meeting requirements (tow points, spare tire, etc). We plan on camping in the field Sat night and having raffle prizes. I will update once we get further details.
Last edited by Jhowery on Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.