small trailer for motorcycle? borrow over t-giving....

Moderator: Club Officers

scrambler

small trailer for motorcycle? borrow over t-giving....

Post by scrambler »

Hey there,

does anyone have a small trailer that will fit a motorcycle? My roommate has a street legal dirtbike he wants to take home to get inspected over thanksgiving, and I would lend him my trailer, but I'm pulling it back to chicago so I can bring the Scrambler back here.....

anyone have a small trailer for borrow?

I'm sure he'd be willing to get you a case of beer, if not more...

Chris Block
847-361-6387
-'82 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler. trail rig, once rolled
--> diesel swap in progress 4bt cummins , nv4500, D60, 14bff locked 4.56, 37s, H1 wlz
-'96 Dodge 12V 2500 ext.cab LB 4x4 auto~Scratch that. NV4500 converted
--> grease conversion in progress
Stinson

Post by Stinson »

no, but what kind of dirt bike is it? What state is he getting it inspected in?
86 toy: the wheeler
99 F250 Powerstroke
05 KTM 525exc: woods weapon
03 XR650R
hssss

Post by hssss »

He might want to check whether he has to have the inspection or not. I was on the road for a long time so I checked with Va. If the vehicle stays out of state you don't have to get it inspected till you/it returns. The Cobra was in TX for a couple of years and wasn't inspected till it returned. The only problem I can think of is if IL requires inspection to keep the tags current.
________
Mercedes-Benz Clk-Class Specifications
Last edited by hssss on Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redneck7

Post by Redneck7 »

The way the state police interpreted it to my buddy was that he didn't need a VA state inspection while he was in NC for school (and then subsequently work), but if he drove the truck back into VA with a lapsed inspection they didn't care where he'd been, or why...he was going to get a ticket if he got caught with a VA registration and not a VA inspection. Other states might be different in their equivalent requirements.
hssss

Post by hssss »

I was on the road for about 30 years so this happened several times. Granted coming back I would only be driving less than a mile to an inspection station. I would imagine he would probably trailer the bike home if he were taking it back. The info was given by an inspection station and I believe it had provisions for getting the vehicle to a station, I always kept some gas reciepts from the trip in case.
________
Box Vaporizer