'16 GMC Sierra Denali HD 3500SRW, Duramax

'07 WRF450F Supermoto
97JEEPTJ

Post by 97JEEPTJ »

Looking good Peter, keep it up :beer:
Steinberg

Post by Steinberg »

so when does the back half come in the mail? :flipoff2:

but serious question: does the tubework in the rear tie into some kind of interior roll cage?
The Rescue Ranger: in pieces and scattered about the yard.
shmoken875

Post by shmoken875 »

Big Blue Bus? I thought this thing was coined the "Bluedonka Dodge" a few years ago :cool: Great progress man :thumby:
Randy
Tow Piglet/DD: Silverado
Driveway Ornament: Clifford the big red Jeep
BlueDodgeRam

Post by BlueDodgeRam »

Steinberg wrote:
but serious question: does the tubework in the rear tie into some kind of interior roll cage?
it will be tied in to the front of the truck w/ an exo, or at least some tube across the roof and windshield area just to get me on the trail. The reason I say "some tube" is because once I finish the rear half, i still have to do the front end(probably 3-link w/ panhard) and move the front axle forward ~5-6". Rear axle will stay in roughly the same location, maybe 5" forward.

Havent decided if I want to do an interior cage or not. I kind of like the idea of having an exo to act as a rock slider if I can get it close enough to the body to not cause a spot to get hung up on. Maybe Ill do a combination of both.
Last edited by BlueDodgeRam on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Treehugger v2.0

'07 WRF450F Supermoto
BlueDodgeRam

Post by BlueDodgeRam »

shmoken875 wrote:Big Blue Bus? I thought this thing was coined the "Bluedonka Dodge" a few years ago :cool: Great progress man :thumby:
lol, i dont care what its called as long as I get on the trail within the year :beer:
Treehugger v2.0

'07 WRF450F Supermoto
tsmall07

Post by tsmall07 »

Did Leach draw that? I've got several similar looking drawings by him.
"The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration."

"Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist"
Steinberg

Post by Steinberg »

tsmall07 wrote:Did Leach draw that? I've got several similar looking drawings by him.
you mean the shocker on the window? yeah, I bet that was leach...
The Rescue Ranger: in pieces and scattered about the yard.
BlueDodgeRam

Post by BlueDodgeRam »

Yes, Leach did in fact draw the shocker as well as the drawing on the dry erase board lol
Treehugger v2.0

'07 WRF450F Supermoto
Arya Ebrahimi

Post by Arya Ebrahimi »

Looking good Peter. You're going to have a lot going on cantilevered off that rear frame connection. I would very seriously consider taking some tubes from your rear hoop into the cab under the rear window and down to the frame near the a-pillars. These will also create nice door bars for you. You can also run a harness bar across them if you so choose.

This is how I did it on the yota and I think it's the easiest/strongest way of tying everything together without a full interior cage.

Let me know if my explanation wasn't very good and you'd like to see some pics.

Ary
BlueDodgeRam

Post by BlueDodgeRam »

Thats a good idea arya. Could also mount seats off that as well and still be able to keep my doors on for the cold times of the year. Ill check out your build thread on PBB
Treehugger v2.0

'07 WRF450F Supermoto
jac6695

Post by jac6695 »

Hey Peter, I don't know what you guys have down there for heat, but I have a small propane infrared heater that you can use. Makes a big difference in my shop especially if you are in front of it. You are welcome to use it until I need it (which isn't likely lol).

Nice job so far. Glad to see you back at it.
James C.

97 K2500HD 6.5/4L80E/NP241/9.5/14BFF

86'ish S10 Blazer LT1/4L60E/ORD Doubler/D60/14BFF
BlueDodgeRam

Post by BlueDodgeRam »

James, its definitely been freezing cold in the shop. Was thinkin bout getting the big heater in the ceiling turned on, but that turned out to be more expensive than I wanted to pay. I might have to take you up on that offer. Ill call ya in the next few days, I'm workin repos this weekend so I won't be over there till probably Monday
Treehugger v2.0

'07 WRF450F Supermoto
BlueDodgeRam

Post by BlueDodgeRam »

James, its definitely been freezing cold in the shop. Was thinkin bout getting the big heater in the ceiling turned on, but that turned out to be more expensive than I wanted to pay. I might have to take you up on that offer. Ill call ya in the next few days, I'm workin repos this weekend so I won't be over there till probably Monday
Treehugger v2.0

'07 WRF450F Supermoto