The new baby toter. (Is no more)

Show off your build here!

Moderator: Club Officers

TerryD

Post by TerryD »

Terry
Offroading: The hobby of turning perfectly good vehicles into scrap metal. :cool:
jstables

Post by jstables »

shit that sucks. :eek: how did it happen?
John

DD-05 F150/Lariat 4dr/5.4/dual exhaust
Beater-Free 1988 XJ/~4"s10 leaf & 4.5"coils/long arms/35s
Trail-1984 s10 blazer/350/700r4/D44 & D60 welded/workin on highsteer
Sold!-1991 s10 blazer/4.3/bodylift/camaro rims/2.5 exhaust
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

Hit some black ice this morning. Julie fought it for about a 1/8th mile before completely losing control. Cut a telephone pole into 3 pieces at the door and then hit a tree with the rear quarter. Broke the upper link on the rear axle. Everyone is ok, just a little shaken up. Gonna miss that Jeep, it's done us a very good job. Gotta start looking for another one now.
Terry
Offroading: The hobby of turning perfectly good vehicles into scrap metal. :cool:
BadAssEddie

Post by BadAssEddie »

TerryD wrote:Julie fought it for about a 1/8th mile before completely losing control.
Not to make light of a scary situation, but :eek: . That is pretty impressive. You have taught her to drive well if she was able to keep a sliding vehicle on the road for such a long distance!
1969 Cadillac Deville 7.7 Big Block
1978 Ford F-150 6.4 FE
1993 Ford Bronco 5.8 Windsor
1994 Ford F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2016 Ford F-250 6.7 Powerstroke
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

She does very good. I'm not sure I could have done any better given the condition of the road. I'm just glad it didn't roll over, as there were dig marks where the wheels had dug in pretty good as we spun around and also that there were no other vehicles on the road at the time.
Terry
willhf1011

Post by willhf1011 »

BadAssEddie wrote:
TerryD wrote:Julie fought it for about a 1/8th mile before completely losing control.
Not to make light of a scary situation, but :eek: . That is pretty impressive. You have taught her to drive well if she was able to keep a sliding vehicle on the road for such a long distance!
My thoughts exactly, thats a long ways.
93 YJ Under Construction
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

glad to hear ya'll are ok. interested in parting out anything off it? or does insurance not allow you to?
DD: 2003 GC Limited, 4.7L
Trail Rig: hmmm
BadnewsCJ

Post by BadnewsCJ »

Glad to hear you and your family are ok Terry
Nick
'79 Jeep
'99 F350 tow rig
'13 TDI Wagen DD
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

Yoda wrote:glad to hear ya'll are ok. interested in parting out anything off it? or does insurance not allow you to?
We're considering buying it back from insurance. I need the 4.0L for my XJ and the transmission has about 130miles on it after rebuild, we had just picked it up Tuesday. What parts would you be interested in and what kind of price are you willing to pay. If I can make some extra $$ to help get a new one or get a little padding in case the new WJ has problems I'd be more willing to do it.

Thanks guys, we're very glad nothing happened to anyone, just a little hurt, we really liked that jeep. It'd done very good for use and we have put nearly 30K miles on it since last year when we bought it.
Terry
Brett

Post by Brett »

Terry:

That sucks about your jeep. Glad to hear everyone was ok.

Brett
Flame Red 2011 JKU Sahara - Pro Rock 44 w/ elocker, 5.13s, rear truetrac, 4.5" lift, Fox Shox, 37s, flat flares, f/r bumpers, Warn Zeon 10k winch, armor, sliders
shmoken875

Post by shmoken875 »

yowza man, thank god you guys are uninjured :thumby:
Randy
Tow Piglet/DD: Silverado
Driveway Ornament: Clifford the big red Jeep
zip ties

Post by zip ties »

Julie ever think about drifting as a career?
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

Well, sold the Jeep back to insurance. Don't have the time to do anything with it. Got screwed on the transmission, but at least I've about broken even on the Jeep. Still lost near a grand on it, but I guess that's life.
Terry