Baby Toter, Part Deux

Show off your build here!

Moderator: Club Officers

TerryD

Baby Toter, Part Deux

Post by TerryD »

Picked up a replacement for the WJ today. 99 K1500 Suburban. 5.7L, 4L60E, factory Class III hitch, Cold Climate Package (dual batteries, BIG oil cooler, and several other options I have not found out about yet I'm sure.) 3rd row seating, rear air/heat, power everything, auto 4wd t-case that works pretty slick in this snow we're getting this evening. I'll get some more pictures up when I can.

Again I was informed I'm not allowed to modify it until the kids can buckle themselves in... :roll: Don't get involved with a short woman. :thumby: :lol2:
Terry
Offroading: The hobby of turning perfectly good vehicles into scrap metal. :cool:
BadAssEddie

Post by BadAssEddie »

Thats cool, i didnt know that they made 5.7's with dual batteries.

Why would you want a big oil cooler for cold weather? Isn't high viscosity an issue in cold climates?
1969 Cadillac Deville 7.7 Big Block
1978 Ford F-150 6.4 FE
1993 Ford Bronco 5.8 Windsor
1994 Ford F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2016 Ford F-250 6.7 Powerstroke
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

I don't really know, it may be a towing or camper package, I've not run the RPO codes yet. The only thing I've ever seen in a gas motor with the dual batteries is the cold climate package. I'm going to run the RPO's this evening if it'll stop snowing long enough!
Terry
Offroading: The hobby of turning perfectly good vehicles into scrap metal. :cool:
zach119

Post by zach119 »

TerryD wrote:I don't really know, it may be a towing or camper package, I've not run the RPO codes yet. The only thing I've ever seen in a gas motor with the dual batteries is the cold climate package. I'm going to run the RPO's this evening if it'll stop snowing long enough!
Just an interesting fact but every like 96 or so and up for that body style have the dual battery tray in the engine compartment, never seen an actual dual battery setup on a gasser from that era myself.
-Zach

2003 Ford F150 work truck piece of crap- sold
1998 Dodge Ram, 35s, 456s- sold
2000 Powerstroke tow rig on DUBs- once rolled- sold
2004 Dodge Ram Hemi tow rig
1995 YJ on BLOCKS
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

dodgeguy119 wrote:Just an interesting fact but every like 96 or so and up for that body style have the dual battery tray in the engine compartment, never seen an actual dual battery setup on a gasser from that era myself.
I checked the RPO codes today and it does have the dual 600cca battery code (TP3).

As well as:
KNP: Cooling, external transmission oil cooler, auxiliary, heavy-duty air-to-oil
KG9: 140amp alternator
G80: Differential, heavy-duty locking rear OR Differential, Zexel-torsen, limited-slip, rear

I didn't find anything about a cold climate package or snow plow, but there was one code that gave a few different definitions I found interesting. I assume it just means it has the receiver style hitch, but it's defined as: (VR4) Trailer hitch, weight distribution platform but also as Regular Production Accessory, Trailer Hitch.
Terry
VerticalTRX
Club President

Post by VerticalTRX »

Did the codes tell what axle ratio you have?
'79 F-150
'49 CJ-3A
BadAssEddie

Post by BadAssEddie »

I dont like the RPO codes.

It is nice to see RPO descriptions in the glove box. My 84 Jimmy had the descriptions while my 89 Jimmy ha the codes.
1969 Cadillac Deville 7.7 Big Block
1978 Ford F-150 6.4 FE
1993 Ford Bronco 5.8 Windsor
1994 Ford F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2016 Ford F-250 6.7 Powerstroke
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

VerticalTRX wrote:Did the codes tell what axle ratio you have?
GT4: 3.73 axle ratio

Alec, check out these two sites:

This one you punch in the RPO code and it tells you what option it is:
http://www.gm-trucks.com/rpo-code-lookup/

This one you can do that too, or punch in the VIN # and if they have it on record, it will show you all the options it came with. I did my 'Burb as well as XJ.
http://www.compnine.com/index.php?res=1
Terry
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

Well, so far so good. Getting about 15mpg average which is better than I expected. Since it has running boards, I'm thinking about a 1-1.5" lift and 285 (33") tires. :mrgreen:
Terry
zip ties

Post by zip ties »

I did not know running boards was what kills gas millage? :flipoff2:
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

zip ties wrote:I did not know running boards was what kills gas millage? :flipoff2:
Murders it man, I could probably squeeze 15.5 mpg outta this thing w/o them!!! :flipoff2:
Terry
zip ties

Post by zip ties »

maybe you only get 15 mpg cause julie is hot rodding light to light in it!? :flipoff2: