Copperhead Cleanup

Moderator: Club Officers

willhf1011

Copperhead Cleanup

Post by willhf1011 »

Guys, I apologize for the late notice on this.

I spoke with the President of NRV Jeep Club via Charles and they have extended an invitation to our club to participate in the trail cleanup this Saturday.

I think it would be a great thing for the club to take part in. It will not only help us build a relationship with them but also give us a little exposure and get some people out to this trail.

I am waiting to hear back from Chris Rutherford on more details, maybe Charles will chime in here as well with some. I'd love to get a strong showing of members out there.

Who is interested?
93 YJ Under Construction
CJonLP

Re: Copperhead Cleanup

Post by CJonLP »

For better or worse, the NRV Jeep Club web forum has very little action and most information about the event can be seen through their Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/nrvjeepclub

I suspect you will have to "like" the page to get access to the events page and see more info, but here is the lowdown:

Copperhead update: This Saturday we will be meeting at Hardees in Perisburg at 9am to run Copperhead trail and do some clean up and repairs. If you plan on coming please bring the following:
-Rain gear
-Boots..yes the weather is great and we all have spring fever but save the fip flops for the beach...it's called Copperhead for a reason.
-gloves
-eye protection
-I am bringing one chainsaw and maybe if one or two other of you that are coming can bring one we should have plenty.
-water and lunch or snacks depending on how long you plan on staying.

If you are coming and are new and have never riden with us before I will only ask you sign a liability waiver. I will have these with me.

Let me know if you guys/gals have questions.

Charles
Matt612
Vice President

Post by Matt612 »

I would like to try to make the cleanup, I wont know till Friday if I can make it though
2 door xj with booger welds
d_OOT

Post by d_OOT »

I would go. I may need a lift though.
-Duane
93 Toyota PU
willhf1011

Post by willhf1011 »

I'm sure rides can be arranged. Anyone else? I'd love to see a lot of guys out there. I have work that day, but whoever needs a ride is welcome to take my truck, load it with tools, pick up others etc.
93 YJ Under Construction
CJonLP

Post by CJonLP »

I think right now there are about 10 going from NRV Jeep Club, not sure how many Jeeps are actually going to be wheeling.
ridemx

Post by ridemx »

What are the trails like, I might be in but I have a full size F150, will i be bale to make it?
CJonLP

Post by CJonLP »

There is a section in the middle that is stockish friendly. I'd say that you wouldn't want any part of the lower section. But it would be worth your time to go and check it out.
MtnManMatt

Post by MtnManMatt »

I'd definitely like to come. Workload and some of my own cleanup projects will be the deciding factors though... Reckon my Jeep will be able to make it in 2WD though? I've never been out there...
'03 TJ on Bronco Axles and 37s
'96 XJ Country DD on 32s
'96 KLX650c on my driveway