RED JEEP ON RACELINES MAY BE TOTALED

Moderator: Club Officers

Jeeper52

RED JEEP ON RACELINES MAY BE TOTALED

Post by Jeeper52 »

but really, ill know friday. his transfer case blew up and his tranny has a crack, 6,000 repair, he doesnt know if his dad will pay, may have to part out

i got dibs on axles :flipoff2:

guess thats what he gets for not goin wheelin with us
Bestop half top and the biggest light bar in the club
Matt612
Vice President

Re: RED JEEP ON RACELINES MAY BE TOTALED

Post by Matt612 »

Shit, if they are not going to pay to fix it I will buy the whole thing. Im dead serious. Let me know.
2 door xj with booger welds
BadAssEddie

Post by BadAssEddie »

Uh yeah same here. Id swallow my pride and buy a TJ. Or tell him Ill fix it for way less. Itd be kind of a shame to tear it apart.
1969 Cadillac Deville 7.7 Big Block
1978 Ford F-150 6.4 FE
1993 Ford Bronco 5.8 Windsor
1994 Ford F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2016 Ford F-250 6.7 Powerstroke
MtnManMatt

Post by MtnManMatt »

BadAssEddie wrote:Uh yeah same here. Id swallow my pride and buy a TJ. Or tell him Ill fix it for way less. Itd be kind of a shame to tear it apart.
Amen! I'd help out fixin for a cheaper price too. I've still got most of a NP231 sittin under my house...
'03 TJ on Bronco Axles and 37s
'96 XJ Country DD on 32s
'96 KLX650c on my driveway
Matt612
Vice President

Post by Matt612 »

Max do you know if the airbags deployed when the t-case went?.. I guy at home bought a Tj that has the exact same thing happen.. t-case blew at interstate speeds and the impact caused both airbags to deploy which is what causes the repair bill to be so high. I was just curious Im sure Jay will fix the jeep, or at least I hope he does. It would be silly to total that jeep when you could fix it for little money.
Jeeper52

Post by Jeeper52 »

i dont think so, he said when he was lookin at the tcase that "exploded" on the highway his bellhousing had a crack. i think it was something with the front driveshaft. shall i inquire?
InvertChaos

Post by InvertChaos »

Jeeper52 wrote:i dont think so, he said when he was lookin at the tcase that "exploded" on the highway his bellhousing had a crack. i think it was something with the front driveshaft. shall i inquire?
I have a feeling the centering ball on the front driveshaft seized. The same thing happened to a guy in NOVA to his NP241 like a month ago, and the same thing happened to my friend in PA to his NP231 a couple of weeks ago. Pretty nasty damage from such a simple thing. It only destroyed his tcase though, his transmission is fine. So I imagine the transmission is what is driving up the price on the red jeep.

Here is what's left of my buddy's NP231...
|2004 Jeep TJ "Green Machine"|4.0L 5 speed Dana44|33x12.50x15 Goodyear Duratracs|2.5" OME HD coils + 1.25" BL|OME NitroSport shocks|4.56 gears w/Detroit Trutrac|Skid Row Engine Skid|BCC Sliders|Currie AntiRock|
Jeeper52

Post by Jeeper52 »

wes, you know it is the guy from NOVA right? yeah i think the shop is overpriced but he doesnt know if its a lot of tranny problems or if theres just a crack in the bellhousing that can be welded
InvertChaos

Post by InvertChaos »

Jeeper52 wrote:wes, you know it is the guy from NOVA right? yeah i think the shop is overpriced but he doesnt know if its a lot of tranny problems or if theres just a crack in the bellhousing that can be welded
Yeah I know. Another guy from NOVA with a nearly stock rubi had it happen to him. It's really weird, within a month this has happened to three people I know. Now I'm paranoid lol.
|2004 Jeep TJ "Green Machine"|4.0L 5 speed Dana44|33x12.50x15 Goodyear Duratracs|2.5" OME HD coils + 1.25" BL|OME NitroSport shocks|4.56 gears w/Detroit Trutrac|Skid Row Engine Skid|BCC Sliders|Currie AntiRock|
Jeeper52

Post by Jeeper52 »

false alarm, he will be keeping it!
Matt612
Vice President

Post by Matt612 »

Jeeper52 wrote:false alarm, he will be keeping it!
Good to hear. It he needs help fixing it let us know, Im sure plenty of us would be willing to lend a hand.
Matt612
Vice President

Post by Matt612 »

InvertChaos wrote:
Jeeper52 wrote:wes, you know it is the guy from NOVA right? yeah i think the shop is overpriced but he doesnt know if its a lot of tranny problems or if theres just a crack in the bellhousing that can be welded
Yeah I know. Another guy from NOVA with a nearly stock rubi had it happen to him. It's really weird, within a month this has happened to three people I know. Now I'm paranoid lol.
Pull your front drive shaft and grease it and you should be golden. I have never heard of the centering ball locking up thats pretty interested. I bought my Xj with a destroyed 231 that went bomb on the interstate, seems like a pretty common issue for the 231s and 241s
shmoken875

Post by shmoken875 »

Matt612 wrote:
InvertChaos wrote:
Pull your front drive shaft and grease it and you should be golden. I have never heard of the centering ball locking up thats pretty interested. I bought my Xj with a destroyed 231 that went bomb on the interstate, seems like a pretty common issue for the 231s and 241s
Had mine lock up.....twice
Randy
Tow Piglet/DD: Silverado
Driveway Ornament: Clifford the big red Jeep