Hey guys!

New Members Post Up and Introduce Yourselves

Moderator: Club Officers

TrailReadyXJ

Hey guys!

Post by TrailReadyXJ »

My name's Drew, I met some of you at Charles' place and would love to join up with you guys. I have lurked around on here in the past as you can see from my join date, but never really got active due to time constraints.

I've been doing the wheeling thing for many years now and have probably run into some of you on the trails. I used to have a Blue XJ, but changed over to my MJ in 2008. I grew up in Blacksburg, but live in Snowville now, near Claytor Lake.

Here are the basic specs of my rig, but I'm sure I'll forget something...

1989 Jeep Comanche, OD green.
D30 front, non-disco, 95+ shafts with the larger joints, locked, 4.56s
8.8 rear, 31 spline, discs, welded tubes, posi, 4.56s
about 6" lift, drop brackets, SOA in rear with stock leafs
35" BFG MT KM2s on 15x8 steelies
4.0HO from 93 XJ, AW4/NP231 from 01 XJ
12K LB winch
Custom bumpers F&R
2x6 rocker replacement
OBA using stock ac compressor w/5 gallon tank
CB and various electrical mods including AW4 shift controller

I built everything on this myself including the bumpers, and suspension components (except LCAs and obviously the springs)

89 MJ with some stuff....
97 ZJ Stocker
Matt612
Vice President

Re: Hey guys!

Post by Matt612 »

Welcome Drew. Lovin the mj man looks nicely built. I had one as my first vehicle when I got my license. My goal is to find another one day and build it, seem to see less and less of them though.
2 door xj with booger welds
TrailReadyXJ

Post by TrailReadyXJ »

Thanks man, They are indeed getting hard to find. A buddy of mine has one sitting in my driveway awaiting an ax-15 swap...he might be able to be talked out of it for the right price???

I had wanted an MJ for a long time when I stumbled across this thing. It was ROUGH when I got it, motor knocked, mismatched tires, interior falling apart (except a near perfect bench seat), and it was...and still is an electrical nightmare, but the body was solid so for $500 I snagged it up. Not the best pic but here's what it looked like when I brought it home....after the PO half assed a paint job (it was about 5 colors)

97 ZJ Stocker
Matt612
Vice President

Post by Matt612 »

How much does you buddy want for his?
2 door xj with booger welds
TrailReadyXJ

Post by TrailReadyXJ »

Well it's technically not for sale at this point, and I think he wants to wait and see how it drives with the new setup before he makes the decision. At the same time I can always throw an offer at him, but I know he won't let it go too cheap. If and when he does officially put it up for sale I'll post up, he does tend to go through vehicles so it is pretty likely.
97 ZJ Stocker