shops

Wrenching and Technical Information

Moderator: Club Officers

yj4runner

shops

Post by yj4runner »

hey does anybody know any off road shops near the Blacksburg area to help installing equipment such as suspension etc.
wheelertaco

Re: shops

Post by wheelertaco »

what are you trying to install? I'm sure theres someone in the club that would know how to do it and be willing to help
"I am 110% winging it, and I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing." - Sam Paras

Godsamnit Dam
yj4runner

Post by yj4runner »

basically just some lights and then a basic suspension system etc.
VT-05WK

Post by VT-05WK »

Most of us have installed our own suspensions, including ifs, and have wired our own lights so I'm sure there'd be people down to help, including myself. Just a thought if you want to try to save some money
05 WK - SOLD
98 ZJ w/ Ford axles, Maxxis Taars, Long Arms etc.
11 Duramax
yj4runner

Post by yj4runner »

Yea I have done basic electric work and simple car modifications as well I will just mainly need help with the suspension but just didn't know if a "shop" existed around here just wondering, but when it doesn come time I will look for help :cool: :thumby:
NJKURPat

Post by NJKURPat »

Both myself and WK put our lifts in over a weekend in the parking garage. Most of the shops around here have a bad reputation, or are just mediocre, and none specialize in off road vehicles. I was told that since I had adjustable CAs some shops might not service me. Doing your own work isn't as hard as it seems, its really just a big puzzle of parts and if you take your time isn't that bad. Plus, when you break down on the side of the highway after blowing out your rear end you'll know what to do!
| 2008 JKUR | 4.10 | 3" MC DUALRATE LIFT | UCA's | TRACKBAR | 35" TG | HARDTOP |
yj4runner

Post by yj4runner »

lol yes that is very true I will keep that in mind as soon as I get my parts in :cool: