Where can I get a Steal on Steel?

Wrenching and Technical Information

Moderator: Club Officers

YellowDodgeBrian

Where can I get a Steal on Steel?

Post by YellowDodgeBrian »

I was planning on building a Headache rack/Roof rack for my dodge in the future when I get the time and money and I was wondering if ya'll knew any good places to get steel from? All the places back home charged out the ass for it.
Can conquer anything in my path with my yellow turd. My truck doesn't burn oil it burns transfer cases at mile marker 187. My truck doesn't get dented it simply molds to it environment becoming faster and more agile. Patches is made from fence posts that were used to keep in the monsters from hell. Patches doesn't have horsepower, it has god power. Patches doesn't drive over rocks, it forces them beneath it because it is superior.
redneckrapunzel

Re: Where can I get a Steal on Steel?

Post by redneckrapunzel »

we usually deal with Ryerson's down in pounding mill just post up in 4wd club related that you want to make a steer order and usually someone else wants some as well so you will get a big order together and order. They have a like $150 dollar limit for basically free delivery. If you search around a little you will be able to find our steal orders from the past. There are other places that exist like BMG but Ryerson's who we usually use. You have to call for pricing.
1997 TJ
04 superduty
10 civic #nolifelikethelowlife

"If you'd stop flirting with the :sheila: and worked, you'd be almost done." - alec

^ very true ^
VerticalTRX
Club President

Post by VerticalTRX »

I buy all my steel from Weld-Built in Galax. They have a pretty good inventory and their prices are good. You can either buy it by the 20' stick or by the foot, they'll cut it for you for a small fee. They don't keep any DOM, but the truck comes every tues and thurs for special orders.
'79 F-150
'49 CJ-3A
BadAssEddie

Post by BadAssEddie »

VerticalTRX wrote:I buy all my steel from Weld-Built in Galax. They have a pretty good inventory and their prices are good. You can either buy it by the 20' stick or by the foot, they'll cut it for you for a small fee. They don't keep any DOM, but the truck comes every tues and thurs for special orders.
I've never heard of that place before. I'll have to check it out.
1969 Cadillac Deville 7.7 Big Block
1978 Ford F-150 6.4 FE
1993 Ford Bronco 5.8 Windsor
1994 Ford F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2016 Ford F-250 6.7 Powerstroke
VerticalTRX
Club President

Post by VerticalTRX »

They do mostly commercial and industrial fabrication, but they also sell steel and do custom fab work for regular walk in customers. Great guys to deal with, I've known them for years.
'79 F-150
'49 CJ-3A