The Buzzard: 84 K5 *SOLD*

Show off your build here!

Moderator: Club Officers

TerryD

Re: The Buzzard: 84 K5

Post by TerryD »

Crossmember is welded and ready to clean up and paint. I'm still debating at least a hoop around the t-case front output and a plate of some sort but I can add that later if it gets to be an issue. Now I've got to swap back to the NP208 and figure out if I have funds enough for the shifter.
Terry
Offroading: The hobby of turning perfectly good vehicles into scrap metal. :cool:
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

Time to update a little. Finally working on this thing again. Got the floors finished up last weekend and the passenger seat mounted again. NP241's and NP208's require different shift levers so I've got the NP208 lever on the way from JB Custom Fab to get my shifter in, hopefully this weekend. I've got to fill the t-case and get the rear shaft in next. Then I'm going to split my CV apart and grind out the stops and hopefully get enough travel to run it for the time being until I can swing a SuperDuty shaft. After that it'll be headed to the exhaust shop for a decent set of pipes and hopefully be on the trail soon!

Floor welded up:

Sectioned tunnel cover ready to install:

Cut down inside seat bracket to get the seat mounted and keep the tilt so the kids can get in with the top on:

New ground clearance under the belly:
Terry
Offroading: The hobby of turning perfectly good vehicles into scrap metal. :cool:
BadAssEddie

Post by BadAssEddie »

Looks good, I went back to review and you went from a 208 to 241? Just upgrading to the better case or did you blow your old one up?
1969 Cadillac Deville 7.7 Big Block
1978 Ford F-150 6.4 FE
1993 Ford Bronco 5.8 Windsor
1994 Ford F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2016 Ford F-250 6.7 Powerstroke
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

I was GOING to go to a NP241, which is a billet planetary case from the NP208 that is a stamped steel planetary case, but the 241 I picked up had a cracked tail cone and the chain is shot. I don't have the money to do a SYE and rebuild the 241 right now and my 208 is in amazing shape so I just stuck with it. When I do the 64" rear leaves and stretch the wheel base in the future, I'll put the 241 in then.

I'm hoping to get the shifter done this weekend and possibly swap my rear lift blocks out for the AALs that have been collecting dust on my shelf for a couple years now. Then I can put the drive shaft back in and see if she'll still start.
Terry
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

Coming along. Rear drive shaft in, MT/Rs on now, t-case filled and even started it! Got to swap out the radiator as it has developed a leak. Soon I'm hoping it'll be on the trail again!
Terry
FJCcrawler

Post by FJCcrawler »

Badass! Hope you were able to get your struts, I wasnt home the whole weekend.
'01 4Runner -New lower ball joints
'85 4Runner
'04 GX470
’88 Xtra cab
’94 Land Cruiser
Chris
BadAssEddie

Post by BadAssEddie »

Dude, that thing looks badass on 35's!
1969 Cadillac Deville 7.7 Big Block
1978 Ford F-150 6.4 FE
1993 Ford Bronco 5.8 Windsor
1994 Ford F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2016 Ford F-250 6.7 Powerstroke
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

Thanks guys! I think it looks awesome but I've got to make a little more room in the front wheel wells now. Shouldn't be an issue though. Shifter, front drive shaft and exhaust still to do before it's wheelable.

Chris, I didn't get down that way this weekend for the struts, hope that's cool. I had my weekends mixed up, it'll be this upcoming Sunday that I'm down there for them.
Terry
FJCcrawler

Post by FJCcrawler »

TerryD wrote:Thanks guys! I think it looks awesome but I've got to make a little more room in the front wheel wells now. Shouldn't be an issue though. Shifter, front drive shaft and exhaust still to do before it's wheelable.

Chris, I didn't get down that way this weekend for the struts, hope that's cool. I had my weekends mixed up, it'll be this upcoming Sunday that I'm down there for them.
Not a problem! We're actually having a meeting this upcoming sunday if you want to come to that and I can bring the struts too. If not, then they are just sitting in my garage for whenever you want to get them.
'01 4Runner -New lower ball joints
'85 4Runner
'04 GX470
’88 Xtra cab
’94 Land Cruiser
Chris
VerticalTRX
Club President

Post by VerticalTRX »

Looking real good, there's just something I like about big off-road tires on stock wheels... :mrgreen:
'79 F-150
'49 CJ-3A
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

VerticalTRX wrote:Looking real good, there's just something I like about big off-road tires on stock wheels... :mrgreen:
I've got hub caps and trim rings to go on too! Think I'm going to need wheel spacers on the rear. My 33s rubbed so these 35s may get really stuffed in there.
Terry