Moderator: Club Officers

Jwlman

Post by Jwlman »

affende wrote:
and some Mogs :mrgreen:
You have some to give me? :flipoff2:
Lukipela

Post by Lukipela »

VerticalTRX wrote:I can't believe the RPM's that some of you are turning on the highway, I'm running 2200rpms at 60 and I thought that was cranked up pretty hard, I can't imagine 3000. :shock:
3000 is hit while driving 75 to 80 mph and my tires are p235 they are tiny compared to some of you guys. Oh and the projected speed is off on that site it says that i can hit 162, the best I have done is 130mph :lol2: but i had just gotten the jeep and did not know yet that slower is better.
jonesy

Post by jonesy »

Jwlman wrote:
affende wrote:
and some Mogs :mrgreen:
You have some to give me? :flipoff2:
nope. but you can have my D35. just as strong as a mog ... i promise! :flipoff2:
Jwlman

Post by Jwlman »

Lukipela wrote:
VerticalTRX wrote:I can't believe the RPM's that some of you are turning on the highway, I'm running 2200rpms at 60 and I thought that was cranked up pretty hard, I can't imagine 3000. :shock:
3000 is hit while driving 75 to 80 mph and my tires are p235 they are tiny compared to some of you guys. Oh and the projected speed is off on that site it says that i can hit 162, the best I have done is 130mph :lol2: but i had just gotten the jeep and did not know yet that slower is better.
Yea, thats if your engine is at like 7000 rpm right?...........

You need to use the results that pertain to your rig :roll:
Lukipela

Post by Lukipela »

Jwlman wrote:

No it said 162 mph at 5000 rpm and i hit 130mph doing around 4500rpm. Oh and i double checked the specs online and there was no difference :flipoff2:
Arya Ebrahimi

Post by Arya Ebrahimi »

Lukipela wrote:
Jwlman wrote:

No it said 162 mph at 5000 rpm and i hit 130mph doing around 4500rpm. Oh and i double checked the specs online and there was no difference :flipoff2:
:bullshit alarm: :bullshit alarm:

The fuel cutoff in a late model XJ is at 114MPH, Trust me, I bounced off of mine a few times. Scary as hell running along at speed and all of a sudden the motor cuts back to idle till you coast back down below 110.

Ary
Lukipela

Post by Lukipela »

Arya Ebrahimi wrote:

The fuel cutoff in a late model XJ is at 114MPH, Trust me, I bounced off of mine a few times. Scary as hell running along at speed and all of a sudden the motor cuts back to idle till you coast back down below 110.

Ary
thats true it does cut out at 114mph but you dont know the full story. First i was overloaded with fire wood in the back. Second i was going down one of the slightly steep long hills on I-68 in Maryland. And Third i was drafting about 2 ft. off the bumper of my friend driving an Explorer. Dumb :roll: yes i know. Trying to make the "gentle" turn at the bottom of the hill scared the shit out of me. This experience has never been repeated for many reasons but mainly cuz it was just dumb. My friend that i was drafting off said that we were doing 130mph so im not a 100%sure we were going that fast but it sure felt like it when we hit the bottom.
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

Arya Ebrahimi wrote:

Ary
why am i not suprised Ary Andretti...what have you gotten the Cruiser up to?
Arya Ebrahimi

Post by Arya Ebrahimi »

Beacon wrote:
Arya Ebrahimi wrote:

Ary
why am i not suprised Ary Andretti...what have you gotten the Cruiser up to?
Somewhere around 100-110 on 219, i.e. the windy ass road you take to snowshoe :shock: