Engine Misfire

Wrenching and Technical Information

Moderator: Club Officers

Lukipela

Post by Lukipela »

TerryD wrote:lmao, case in point!!! Lemme put some champ plat's in there!!! it'll probably stop missing then!!!
I dont think that botch plugs are that bad, now they dont always make each plug the same quality cuz ive found a few duds, but we use botch plugs in the family mini van and that thing runs better then it did with the champ plugs. Dont get me wrong i do like champ plugs i think they are great cuz they last forever but i would rather have a good set of botch plugs. Oh and the van has had those plugs in it for about 5 years and 80,000 miles.
VerticalTRX
Club President

Post by VerticalTRX »

Lukipela wrote:
TerryD wrote:lmao, case in point!!! Lemme put some champ plat's in there!!! it'll probably stop missing then!!!
I dont think that botch plugs are that bad, now they dont always make each plug the same quality cuz ive found a few duds, but we use botch plugs in the family mini van and that thing runs better then it did with the champ plugs. Dont get me wrong i do like champ plugs i think they are great cuz they last forever but i would rather have a good set of botch plugs. Oh and the van has had those plugs in it for about 5 years and 80,000 miles.
I personally will only run NGK plugs, they've served me well over the years. I have probably 50,000 miles on a set in the F-250, and I run them in the '79 with good results so far.
'79 F-150
'49 CJ-3A
Lukipela

Post by Lukipela »

just so that this howl spark plug thing can be settled. What are good quality spark plugs that dont cost a howl hell of a lot?
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

ngk standards are $1.88 ea, AC Delco's are $1.98 ea. but you gotta have platinum for that jeep, that's what its designed for, and champ's come in at a very very competitive $2.98 ea....
Terry
Offroading: The hobby of turning perfectly good vehicles into scrap metal. :cool:
tsmall07

Post by tsmall07 »

TerryD wrote: do not, under any circumstance, use BOTCH plugs!!!! i've never seen a set do well, at least not for long.....been sellin parts for 4 years now!!
For the record, Bosch silber (silver) plugs work better than anything in my BMW. The platinums are terrible for that car, but they work well in newer BMW's. It all depends on the car I guess.
"The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration."

"Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist"
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

i've seen bosch's leak compression around the porcilin, burn the tips off on start up, they'll last about 2 weeks in most cars i've seen, i try everything in my power not to sell them....i really do!
Terry
Offroading: The hobby of turning perfectly good vehicles into scrap metal. :cool:
Lukipela

Post by Lukipela »

Yea i just got it fixed :mrgreen: no more engine light and hitting on all 6 cylinders. Lets go off roading!
Lukipela

Post by Lukipela »

Thanks to everyone that helped.