Yota T-Case Gears

Wrenching and Technical Information

Moderator: Club Officers

alk1174
Club President

Yota T-Case Gears

Post by alk1174 »

For those of you who have put your own gears in your case. How did you remove and replace the bearings on the shaft. I was hoping to use an autozone puller to get them off and use the heat and freeze method along with a brass punch to get them back on. Will this work? Also if you are bored and looking for something to do on sat. this is what i will be attempting.
Adam K.
yotacowboy

Post by yotacowboy »

when i pulled my donor case apart for duals, the bearings were not a big deal. just used a brass drift and (if I remember correctly) a stock jeep rim. dropped the shaft through the hole in the center (resting on the side of the gear) and tapped the shaft out. they're interference fit, but not bad at all.
'91 Reg. Cab Yota DD: DOA 22re RV, .060 over,270 cam,ported,Thorley Tri-Y,2.25 cat,Flowey 40,SAS'd,Locked,Longed,Pig'd,Bumpered,Slidered,Sky wide axle,5.29's,Duals,Sky Tcase skid,37" Iroks,2.5" BS blk steelies,Allpro Hy-steer,HighAngle D-lines
Dred

Post by Dred »

so, did you get the gears in yet?
Original member since 1999
alk1174
Club President

Post by alk1174 »

Sure did. One of the best improvements you could ever do to a carbd. 4 cyl. Clay was right a little heat and a few taps and the bearings slid off. Now I just need tires gears and longs. Anyone want to donate money?I also wanted to add a bit of info for anyone else messing with a yota t-case. Some t-cases use a shield around the front output shaft if you eliminate this shield you need to shorten the bolts that hold this on or you will not get a good seal.
Adam K
Last edited by alk1174 on Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
yotacowboy

Post by yotacowboy »

awesome! now you can piss off everybody on the trail behind you that doesn't have low gears!! "dammit, why doesn't he go FASTER!!!"
'91 Reg. Cab Yota DD: DOA 22re RV, .060 over,270 cam,ported,Thorley Tri-Y,2.25 cat,Flowey 40,SAS'd,Locked,Longed,Pig'd,Bumpered,Slidered,Sky wide axle,5.29's,Duals,Sky Tcase skid,37" Iroks,2.5" BS blk steelies,Allpro Hy-steer,HighAngle D-lines