Water= No Bueno

Wrenching and Technical Information

Moderator: Club Officers

alk1174
Club President

Re: Water= No Bueno

Post by alk1174 »

I put herculiner in the floor of my truck over 10 years ago and the only holes are where the heels of my boots have worn through from driving. I would advise against completely ditching the carpet. The heat is unbearable. If I were doing it again I would line the floor and make the carpet quick detach. Cut around the seats and other mounting points so I could slide it out in a few minutes for cleaning and drying.
YellowDodgeBrian

Post by YellowDodgeBrian »

alk1174 wrote:I put herculiner in the floor of my truck over 10 years ago and the only holes are where the heels of my boots have worn through from driving. I would advise against completely ditching the carpet. The heat is unbearable. If I were doing it again I would line the floor and make the carpet quick detach. Cut around the seats and other mounting points so I could slide it out in a few minutes for cleaning and drying.
That seems like a great idea. I like the idea of being bale to clean my truck without having to take out the seats and center console.
Can conquer anything in my path with my yellow turd. My truck doesn't burn oil it burns transfer cases at mile marker 187. My truck doesn't get dented it simply molds to it environment becoming faster and more agile. Patches is made from fence posts that were used to keep in the monsters from hell. Patches doesn't have horsepower, it has god power. Patches doesn't drive over rocks, it forces them beneath it because it is superior.
redneckrapunzel

Post by redneckrapunzel »

I second what adam said the floor of my jeep got hot enough to burn the bottoms of my feet on long trips, I actually had a welcome mat I kept in my jeep to put in the floor on long trips... yes I know they make floor liners for that but I was in college and it was free to use the welcome mat....
1997 TJ
04 superduty
10 civic #nolifelikethelowlife

"If you'd stop flirting with the :sheila: and worked, you'd be almost done." - alec

^ very true ^
alk1174
Club President

Post by alk1174 »

Monstaliner also has good reviews on Pirate and it comes tinted if you want a color.