Job Opportunity - Electromechanical person

Moderator: Club Officers

BlueDodgeRam

Job Opportunity - Electromechanical person

Post by BlueDodgeRam »

Not sure if anyone has any background in electromechanical work, but we are looking for someone at my work, ESS Technologies in Blacksburg that has a strong electrical background along with mechanical experience. We design, build, and integrate automated/robotic packaging machinery. I would imagine experience with Allen Bradley PLC logic or similiar would be required on the electrical side of things.

If anybody is interested, or knows someone who may be, let me know and ill get you more info and who to contact.

http://www.esstechnologies.com
Treehugger v2.0

'16 GMC Sierra Denali HD 3500SRW, Duramax

'07 WRF450F Supermoto
shmoken875

Re: Job Opportunity - Electromechanical person

Post by shmoken875 »

BlueDodgeRam wrote:Not sure if anyone has any background in electromechanical work, but we are looking for someone at my work, ESS Technologies in Blacksburg that has a strong electrical background along with mechanical experience. We design, build, and integrate automated/robotic packaging machinery. I would imagine experience with Allen Bradley PLC logic or similiar would be required on the electrical side of things.

If anybody is interested, or knows someone who may be, let me know and ill get you more info and who to contact.

I threw an Allen Bradley PLC on the ground one time....does that count?
Randy
Tow Piglet/DD: Silverado
Driveway Ornament: Clifford the big red Jeep
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

I've worked with the newer AB stuff some. They are probably interested in someone with more of an engineering background though. Not a "get it working before we lose 1/2 the plant!" background...
Terry
Offroading: The hobby of turning perfectly good vehicles into scrap metal. :cool:
BlueDodgeRam

Post by BlueDodgeRam »

Ill find out on Monday if this is for a technician type position or more of an engineering position. I am firmly on the mechanical design side of things and know nothing about electrical stuff.

If its a technician job, the mechanical work involved would probably be assisting with assembling machines per the assemby drawings we put out.
Treehugger v2.0

'16 GMC Sierra Denali HD 3500SRW, Duramax

'07 WRF450F Supermoto
BadnewsCJ

Re: Job Opportunity - Electromechanical person

Post by BadnewsCJ »

shmoken875 wrote:
BlueDodgeRam wrote:Not sure if anyone has any background in electromechanical work, but we are looking for someone at my work, ESS Technologies in Blacksburg that has a strong electrical background along with mechanical experience. We design, build, and integrate automated/robotic packaging machinery. I would imagine experience with Allen Bradley PLC logic or similiar would be required on the electrical side of things.

I threw an Allen Bradley PLC on the ground one time....does that count?

:lol2:

I figured you would chime in on this one hahaha
Nick
'79 Jeep
'99 F350 tow rig
'13 TDI Wagen DD