Dont Curr

Show off your build here!

Moderator: Club Officers

Blue

Dont Curr

Post by Blue »

Hey fellas, here to give detail of what my truck has been through over the years

- Pick up the truck with already some after market mods on it; had a FE 302 with some heddman shorty headers flowing through true dual exhaust with 2 flowmaster super 40s with no cats, had a stock transfer case and transmission. 6" Skyjacker lift and 3" spacers sitting on 38.5" ground hawgs. The front end on this thing is crazy...it's a jeeps dana 44 flipped upside down....it aint breaking...with a ford 9" rear, dont remember it's gears back then.

Clean

Within a few months I busted the rear oil seal, fixed. Took mudding at least once a month at a hole in Montpelier, you know huge fires, beer, trucks, and country girls...good times. Towards the end of the year I busted the ring n pinion. So Jerry (buddy) and I put in some nice 4.86:1 gears.

Back on the road in a few weeks. Then towards the end of the year my tranny went so I parked it at Jerry's for a while (spent about the past 6 years there)

Since then it's gone through some hell.....(past 6 years - taken our time)

- Came with a nice bed lift, but it was bouncing around too much when hitting the hole so I took that kit off. Bolted and welded to frame - watch those gas tanks hahaha
- replaced the shocks with some skyjacker nitros
- brand new c6 4x4 suto trans
- brand new np207 transfer case
- slip yokes for bumping around
- brand new 40' SS boggers

- Like I said it came with a stock 302 so we decided to pull that out and stroke it to a 347...bored and honed the block, had the kit there ready to go...just then... Jerry said...you know, we should drop a big block in there....Been thinking that this whole time! haha... so we returned the kit, looked through his stock of blocks and found a perfect 460 X block to work with.

Current Engine Specs
- bored .30 over
- 870cfm Holley Street Avenger Carb
- Edelbrock Performer Manifold
- dove heads with big 'ol ports
- long tube hedman headers - were a pain to fit, had to get tubes moved
- Eagle stroker kit (crank, rods, etc.)
- Proform Aluminum Roller Rockers
- Cam has .6+ duration/lift? Don't remember

Building was the easy part....finding all the correct brackets and pulleys needed for the alternator/water+power steering pump took WEEKS....we went to ever junk yard within 20 miles and called all our buddies for parts. We got a mix from different years (the problem) and after all the bull of trying to fit this, how should be fab this here, or here....said screw it and bought the march performance kit. Didn't want to spend the money, but in the end real easy to work it.

Jerry working (has the mixed brackets and pulleys)

Finally where she belongs with old alternator, will be going home this weekend to put on a nice one.

So after 6 long years of piecing this truck together waiting for funds and such she's finally ready to hit the holes...well I do need ladders bars, but besides that....she aint street legal right and with the power/gears/compression I wont be driving her around on the road very often so I hope that one of yall can help me tow her around. Ill be getting her towed here at the end of the semester.

ALSO I have some parts that I aint using from the 302 im trying to sell, along with some other goods...check the 'For Sale'

Cheers
Wrath has no vice when inflicted upon the deserving
Matt612
Vice President

Re: Dont Curr

Post by Matt612 »

Sounds like that motor is pretty well built, clean looking truck too
2 door xj with booger welds
KOTABAD

Post by KOTABAD »

Heck yes awesome truck!! cant wait to see/hear that thing. Love a good ole fashioned mud truck!
:thumby:
2000 Dodge Dakota DD
3inch BL 32x11.50 Km2 on 1079 pro comps
Blue

Post by Blue »

Matt612 wrote:clean looking truck too
That's the only problem haha
KOTABAD wrote:Heck yes awesome truck!! cant wait to see/hear that thing. Love a good ole fashioned mud truck!
:thumby:
With no exhaust hooked up, just the headers, its ridiculous.

Seems like yall are more of rock crawlers, but on the rig topics ive seen some rigs that could throw some mud. Yall know of any mud holes around here?
KOTABAD

Post by KOTABAD »

With no exhaust hooked up, just the headers, its ridiculous.

Seems like yall are more of rock crawlers, but on the rig topics ive seen some rigs that could throw some mud. Yall know of any mud holes around here?[/quote]

Yeh everyone is mainly rock crawlers in the club but where I am from there isnt much of that its mostly mud. So I am def a mudding fan. There is a trail called mountain lake up here that i have heard that is pretty nasty!
2000 Dodge Dakota DD
BadAssEddie

Post by BadAssEddie »

KOTABAD wrote:Yeh everyone is mainly rock crawlers in the club but where I am from there isnt much of that its mostly mud. So I am def a mudding fan. There is a trail called mountain lake up here that i have heard that is pretty nasty!
No, its illegal to go off the fireroad. Don't do it. The people who do are ignorant and give the rest of us a bad name and jeopardize our ability to wheel.
1969 Cadillac Deville 7.7 Big Block
1978 Ford F-150 6.4 FE
1993 Ford Bronco 5.8 Windsor
1994 Ford F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2016 Ford F-250 6.7 Powerstroke
KOTABAD

Post by KOTABAD »

Ohhhhh i didnt know that the bad stuff was off the trail i was just going by what i had heard
2000 Dodge Dakota DD
willhf1011

Post by willhf1011 »

Got pics of the front end? I'm having a hard time figuring out how you have an axle upside down up there.

Specs on the stroker kit?
93 YJ Under Construction
Blue

Post by Blue »

BadAssEddie wrote:
KOTABAD wrote:Yeh everyone is mainly rock crawlers in the club but where I am from there isnt much of that its mostly mud. So I am def a mudding fan. There is a trail called mountain lake up here that i have heard that is pretty nasty!
No, its illegal to go off the fireroad. Don't do it. The people who do are ignorant and give the rest of us a bad name and jeopardize our ability to wheel.
Yeah I wouldn't do nothing like if it.
willhf1011 wrote:Got pics of the front end? I'm having a hard time figuring out how you have an axle upside down up there.

Specs on the stroker kit?
Nah I don't. Yeah jerry and I were puzzled for a hell of a long time figuring it out.

Don't remember the specs, but will get um this weekend when I head back home
Blue

Post by Blue »

Here's a video of my motor. Whistling cause I was fiddling with the water pump/alternator belt cause was just about to put on the new one

Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDWUr000 ... e=youtu.be
KOTABAD

Post by KOTABAD »

SOOOO Badassss!!! :cjerk:
2000 Dodge Dakota DD
zach119

Post by zach119 »

I see you enjoy white girls shaking their asses :flipoff2:

Nice buildup though, I'm guessing your front axle is just a high pinion 44 out of a 78-79 ford with the radius arm setup.
-Zach

2003 Ford F150 work truck piece of crap- sold
1998 Dodge Ram, 35s, 456s- sold
2000 Powerstroke tow rig on DUBs- once rolled- sold
2004 Dodge Ram Hemi tow rig
1995 YJ on BLOCKS
Blue

Post by Blue »

zach119 wrote:I see you enjoy white girls shaking their asses :flipoff2:
HAHAHAHA....well who doesnt?
Blue

Post by Blue »

How she's sitting now

CJonLP

Post by CJonLP »

That's one big bad blue Ford pickup, one day I'll see it in person!