89 MJ

Wrenching and Technical Information

Moderator: Club Officers

hughes77
Vice President

89 MJ

Post by hughes77 »

At home I have a 1989 Jeep Comanche sitting in the back of a barn. It was my grandfathers old farm truck. The man took great care of everything. The body is is good shape, the engine was rebuilt not long before being parked but it has been parked 2-3 years now. My plan is to one day turn it into a project. The reason I haven't done so already is that it is rear wheel drive. I was looking for ideas of what to do with it? whats the simplest way to convert to 4wd? Where would i get parts, etc? Im open for anything, just thought this would make for a good discussion and I could get some ideas and maybe get the project rolling. :thumby:
TOPHER
08 JK
ME

"The only reason you run 20's on a vehicle is because you suck dick" - Alec
"I'd get kicked out of California in like a week" "you can't drive that here" "you can't be a faggot"- Sam
NJKURPat

Re: 89 MJ

Post by NJKURPat »

This is a thread on WF that someone took a 2wd wrangler and converted it. Should give you some ideas, but other then needing a tcase I dont know what else you will need.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/jaker ... 86794.html
| 2008 JKUR | 4.10 | 3" MC DUALRATE LIFT | UCA's | TRACKBAR | 35" TG | HARDTOP |
turnbull

Re: 89 MJ

Post by turnbull »

Well basic stuff you will need besides a Tcase would be a new rear driveshaft, a front driveshaft, and most importantly, a front axle.
'15 JK Sport w/ 31.5" Duratracs, 3.6l Pentastar, 6-speed manual, 4.10 gears, Detroit TrueTracs front and rear