Wanted: 3rd gen 4runner parts

Parts, vehicles, fab and mechanic work, etc.

Moderator: Club Officers

VerticalTRX
Club President

Wanted: 3rd gen 4runner parts

Post by VerticalTRX »

Need a few parts for my '97 4runnner SR5, 3.4L. (wifey laid in on the side in the snow last night.)

For now I just need the following to make it drivable:

-radiator fan (just the plastic part)
-driver side mirror
-front oem skid plate
-maybe the lower radiator core support

-recommendations on a good place to install new windshield

Eventually I'll also want a driver side front fender and driver side door along with a few other small parts, but I'm not in any hurry for those.

Let me know if yall have anything, I thought I'd check here first before going to the junkyards.

Thanks,
Grubb
'79 F-150
'49 CJ-3A
TerryD

Re: Wanted: 3rd gen 4runner parts

Post by TerryD »

Firstly , WIFEY?!?

Secondly, is everyone ok?
Terry
Offroading: The hobby of turning perfectly good vehicles into scrap metal. :cool:
BadAssEddie

Post by BadAssEddie »

Hope she's okay. I'm assuming she is since you are looking for Yota parts and not people parts :mrgreen:
1969 Cadillac Deville 7.7 Big Block
1978 Ford F-150 6.4 FE
1993 Ford Bronco 5.8 Windsor
1994 Ford F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2016 Ford F-250 6.7 Powerstroke
alk1174
Club President

Post by alk1174 »

Precision glass is reputable.

DIY is not a bad option either. Just need the tool to cut out the old sealant. If you need anything or a warm place to work let me know.
VerticalTRX
Club President

Post by VerticalTRX »

Thanks for the concerns, Leslie is fine. She was going along Meadow Creek rd outside of Riner and hit about a 100yd long patch of ice. Slid around and hit the bank, which turned it over on the side in the middle of the rd. Luckily she was going pretty slow. Used my big come-along and got it righted in about 10min, much to the amazement of the officer (I tried to explain in our hobby we turn rigs over all the time, I don't think he understood) :lol2: Checked it over, drove it back to Riner, then brought it on home. I'm amazed at how sturdy these vehicles are.

I took it to Precision glass today for a new windshield. Once I hack out the remains of the airbags and get a new fan blade I'll be driving it again. Found two matching doors at Agees in my color. Just need a new driver side fender, fab up a new front bumper and a few other little things and it'll be back to normal (aside from a little road rash on the side windows and a few small dents on the rear quarter panel, which I think I'll leave) :thumby:

Things I still need:

-Plastic fan from '95-00 5VZE
-Driver side front fender, from standard or SR5 trim (without Limited flairs)
-Wheel well trim for SR5
-Driver side power mirror

Thanks for the replies.
'79 F-150
'49 CJ-3A
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

That's two rigs your come along has righted on a public road. I'm glad she's ok and the damage is minor. You going for a prerunner bumper like the Ford?
Terry
Offroading: The hobby of turning perfectly good vehicles into scrap metal. :cool:
VerticalTRX
Club President

Post by VerticalTRX »

I think I'll go with a fabbed plate style bumper, similar to the stock profile, but with some D-rings and high-lift slots. Probably build one for the rear to match and paint them Pearl to match the body.

I was trying to remember how many rigs I've righted using that come-along, three or four I think including one tractor. :confused2:
'79 F-150
'49 CJ-3A
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

The Rocky on Poor Mountain I remember. Was it used to right Stinson at Uwharrie on Daniel? I've not heard about the tractor... :confused2:
Terry
VerticalTRX
Club President

Post by VerticalTRX »

TerryD wrote:The Rocky on Poor Mountain I remember. Was it used to right Stinson at Uwharrie on Daniel? I've not heard about the tractor... :confused2:
Yup, those two, and I think one other I can't remember. Dad turned a tractor over last year while cutting wood (only person I know to turn a tractor over without being on it, with it shut off.) He had the forks on his 5045e Deere putting pressure on a tree he was felling, tree went to the side instead of forward and took the tractor over with it. With the loader raised all the way up it took a lot of effort to get it upright. Took both my skid steer lifting and pulling with the come-along to right it.

Got the 4runner back from the glass shop, turns out the A-pillar is bent in about 3/8" at the bottom, so they couldn't put the windshield in. I got the windshield, seal and urethane sealant so once I get it straightened I'll give it a try myself (Krantz I might be giving you a call.)

I might try pulling the A-pillar myself as well, I have enough jacks, winches, equipment with hydraulics, just need to learn how it's done. Anyone have any experience with such work?
'79 F-150
'49 CJ-3A
alk1174
Club President

Post by alk1174 »

A port a power is the best way. Its slow steady and controlled. Its what I used to straighten up my truck to get it back together. I borrowed the one used and could borrow it again but it would likely take a little time to get. I also believe northen tool and harbor freight have them.

May just be able to pull it with a winch.

You can also tack weld on pieces of steel an use these as pull points.
VerticalTRX
Club President

Post by VerticalTRX »

alk1174 wrote:A port a power is the best way. Its slow steady and controlled. Its what I used to straighten up my truck to get it back together. I borrowed the one used and could borrow it again but it would likely take a little time to get. I also believe northen tool and harbor freight have them.

May just be able to pull it with a winch.

You can also tack weld on pieces of steel an use these as pull points.

I was looking at those, Northern has a kit for about $200 that looked pretty decent, I probably would have lots of other uses for one as well. Biggest thing is getting into the spot that needs work, looks like I'll have to pull the fender, door, maybe the dash as well. Regardless, I'm going to wait till the weather warms up a bit. We have other vehicles to drive for now so I'm not in a big hurry.
'79 F-150
'49 CJ-3A