KC Lighting for XJ

Wrenching and Technical Information

Moderator: Club Officers

XJWayne

KC Lighting for XJ

Post by XJWayne »

Any ideas on where to mount some Hilites on the front of my Cherokee, WITHOUT cutting, drilling, riveting, etc... I am trying to use existing bolts and add a bracket somewhere. I'm thinking either back corners of the hood, or front bumper.
'01 Jeep XJ
'01 Silverado 1500 Z71
'02 Suburban 1500 (R.I.P.)
YellowDodgeBrian

Re: KC Lighting for XJ

Post by YellowDodgeBrian »

Pictures? I don't know about everyone else but I have no clue where stock XJs have holes and such. If I were you I'd fine a nice location to where you want it and then worry about mounting them. Id say right above your front bumper so you'd get the best light without any annoying glare. If you mount them on the roof you'll also run into the problem of them getting caught on branches and such. Did the lights come with any mounting brackets? Your'e probably going to have to do a little drilling regardless, just make sure you plan it out. And if you mess it up the first few holes, SPEED HOLES! You'll basically be driving a race car.
Can conquer anything in my path with my yellow turd. My truck doesn't burn oil it burns transfer cases at mile marker 187. My truck doesn't get dented it simply molds to it environment becoming faster and more agile. Patches is made from fence posts that were used to keep in the monsters from hell. Patches doesn't have horsepower, it has god power. Patches doesn't drive over rocks, it forces them beneath it because it is superior.
XJWayne

Re: KC Lighting for XJ

Post by XJWayne »

YellowDodgeBrian wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:55 pm Pictures? I don't know about everyone else but I have no clue where stock XJs have holes and such. If I were you I'd fine a nice location to where you want it and then worry about mounting them. Id say right above your front bumper so you'd get the best light without any annoying glare. If you mount them on the roof you'll also run into the problem of them getting caught on branches and such. Did the lights come with any mounting brackets? Your'e probably going to have to do a little drilling regardless, just make sure you plan it out. And if you mess it up the first few holes, SPEED HOLES! You'll basically be driving a race car.
Negatory on included brackets, I am planning on making my own. Will upload pics of possible mounting locations soon. I will not have the lights in my posession until break, but here is the sale photo.
IMG_3571.PNG
IMG_3571.PNG (251.95 KiB) Viewed 11488 times
Also for anyone interested, they are KC Hilite Daylighter 238s.
'01 Jeep XJ
'01 Silverado 1500 Z71
'02 Suburban 1500 (R.I.P.)