Daily Driver Drag-race

Moderator: Club Officers

YellowDodgeBrian

Daily Driver Drag-race

Post by YellowDodgeBrian »

Inspired by Hoonigan's latest YouTube video I threw out the idea of doing something like a drag race with everyones' daily drivers/ rigs. It would be a fun change of pace considering that most of our rigs are in no way made for a drag race. Maybe have a few dollar buy in? The problem would be finding private property that we could race at. Because there are only a few rigs that would be safe enough for a 1/4 mile drag race (roll cage, Harness, ect.) we would probably just do a Baja 100' so we wouldn't actually be going at unsafe speeds. If anyone is interested in this let us know! have any ideas throw them out there. We threw around the idea of going to an actual track/strip but I think that might be more money/effort than what its worth. If this actually turned out to be a fun thing we may try to figure out how to make it into a fund raiser too.
Can conquer anything in my path with my yellow turd. My truck doesn't burn oil it burns transfer cases at mile marker 187. My truck doesn't get dented it simply molds to it environment becoming faster and more agile. Patches is made from fence posts that were used to keep in the monsters from hell. Patches doesn't have horsepower, it has god power. Patches doesn't drive over rocks, it forces them beneath it because it is superior.
BadAssEddie

Re: Daily Driver Drag-race

Post by BadAssEddie »

Test and Tune at Shelor is an 1/8 mile track and costs $6 for students last time I was there.

Edit: It's now called Friday Night Fury. $15 for non student price. Just go there. It's fun.

https://www.motormiledragway.com/copy-of-race-day-info
1969 Cadillac Deville 7.7 Big Block
1978 Ford F-150 6.4 FE
1993 Ford Bronco 5.8 Windsor
1994 Ford F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2016 Ford F-250 6.7 Powerstroke
YellowDodgeBrian

Re: Daily Driver Drag-race

Post by YellowDodgeBrian »

Alec I expect you to bring the Caddy and mop the floor
Can conquer anything in my path with my yellow turd. My truck doesn't burn oil it burns transfer cases at mile marker 187. My truck doesn't get dented it simply molds to it environment becoming faster and more agile. Patches is made from fence posts that were used to keep in the monsters from hell. Patches doesn't have horsepower, it has god power. Patches doesn't drive over rocks, it forces them beneath it because it is superior.