Genuine Gear Quick-Lok

Wrenching and Technical Information

Moderator: Club Officers

Steinberg

Genuine Gear Quick-Lok

Post by Steinberg »

I blew mine up this weekend in the TTB D35. It just pops and slips on the left side. Other side still pulls fine. A friend of mine that had one in the same axle experienced a similar failure. Have any of you guys had experience with them? I'm gonna call up 4WP tomorrow and see what they say about it. Broke too easily if you ask me.
The Rescue Ranger: in pieces and scattered about the yard.
yotacowboy

Post by yotacowboy »

when my aussie let go, it was just the pins that had sheared, locking the pucks together. pull the diff and take a look. i'm pretty sure the puck on whatever side is "stuck" will be frozen on the sheared pins. good news, the pins cost like $15 and take 5 seconds to install, aside from pulling your diff.
'91 Reg. Cab Yota DD: DOA 22re RV, .060 over,270 cam,ported,Thorley Tri-Y,2.25 cat,Flowey 40,SAS'd,Locked,Longed,Pig'd,Bumpered,Slidered,Sky wide axle,5.29's,Duals,Sky Tcase skid,37" Iroks,2.5" BS blk steelies,Allpro Hy-steer,HighAngle D-lines
Steinberg

Post by Steinberg »

well that's interesting, cause mine isn't stuck, it's popping and slipping.

I start the SAS in march. I don't feel like tearing it all apart before then.
Steinberg

Post by Steinberg »

The teeth were rounded off on one side. The other side hadn't started slipping yet, but did show slight signs of rounding.