Bone Yards

Wrenching and Technical Information

Moderator: Club Officers

hklvette

Bone Yards

Post by hklvette »

Anybody know of any good junk yards nearby? Names plus directions would be good. I'm looking to pick up some parts this weekend, but need to know where to go first. Thanks.
-Henry

'98 XJ, '05 Grand Prix GTP, '86 Fiero, '70 M35A2, '77 M880
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Agees and J&J in Christiansburg seem to be where people go the most. Google junkyards in Christiansburg and their addresses should all come up. One of them is off the road to Radford but im not sure which.
DD: 2003 GC Limited, 4.7L
Trail Rig: hmmm
tsmall07

Post by tsmall07 »

I think the officers should make this thread a sticky in either this or the for sale section. That way people can post all the junk yards with contact info (or even just parts stores) that they know of and it can be used as a quick reference. :thumby:
"The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration."

"Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist"
shmoken875

Post by shmoken875 »

D&M is close, I know they have at least one newer xj, what parts are you looking for?
Randy
Tow Piglet/DD: Silverado
Driveway Ornament: Clifford the big red Jeep
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

good idea Tsmall, at least one of these threads because this subject has been brought up a billion times
DD: 2003 GC Limited, 4.7L
Trail Rig: hmmm
jonesy

Post by jonesy »

take 460 business to North Franklin in Cburg

turn right on Depot St

turn right on Radford Road

a few miles on the left is Bills Used Parts

100 yards farther on the right is Agee's

bills is more corporate and has more stuff ... Agee's is a much better place to do business
TerryD

Post by TerryD »

i'll agree w/ cody, bill's isn't in the habbit of helping out regular folks, they focus on garages and such. agee's is where i do most of my business when lookin for scrap parts. and if the parts are a little damaged, you can usually get some $$ knocked off. :thumby:
Terry
Offroading: The hobby of turning perfectly good vehicles into scrap metal. :cool:
hklvette

Post by hklvette »

shmoken875 wrote:D&M is close, I know they have at least one newer xj, what parts are you looking for?
Actually i'm looking for quite a few parts. a GM seat belt buckle for a friend, a front clip, and an amc Jeep wagoneer (the full-size one). I want wider axles on my XJ, and have been talking to the guys on Jeepforum about different wide-axle options. That D44 front/ rear combo that can be found on the full-size wagoneers seems to be the best option in terms of parts availability and upgradability. I plan on fabbing on the front and rear spring mounts, etc., so all that reall matters is width (I would like about another 4" of wheel-to-wheel length)

Back on topic: I think it would be a good idea to sticky this thread, or make an information archive section seperate from the general discussion forum to hold info for those who need it :thumby:
-Henry

Steinberg

Post by Steinberg »

alright, alright. I'll get around to doing something.
The Rescue Ranger: in pieces and scattered about the yard.
Jwlman

Post by Jwlman »

hklvette wrote:
shmoken875 wrote:D&M is close, I know they have at least one newer xj, what parts are you looking for?
Actually i'm looking for quite a few parts. a GM seat belt buckle for a friend, a front clip, and an amc Jeep wagoneer (the full-size one). I want wider axles on my XJ, and have been talking to the guys on Jeepforum about different wide-axle options. That D44 front/ rear combo that can be found on the full-size wagoneers seems to be the best option in terms of parts availability and upgradability. I plan on fabbing on the front and rear spring mounts, etc., so all that reall matters is width (I would like about another 4" of wheel-to-wheel length)

Back on topic: I think it would be a good idea to sticky this thread, or make an information archive section seperate from the general discussion forum to hold info for those who need it :thumby:
D&M has a few waggies and they quoted me 250 for the front axle when I asked about it.
tsmall07

Post by tsmall07 »

Estes used auto and truck parts is good. Its kindof a haul though

4337 Daniels Run Rd NE
Pilot, VA 24138
(540) 651-4637

I think thats their contact info
"The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration."

"Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist"
YJ

Post by YJ »

tsmall07 wrote:Estes used auto and truck parts is good. Its kindof a haul though

4337 Daniels Run Rd NE
Pilot, VA 24138
(540) 651-4637

I think thats their contact info

That's the right number. Talk to Terry Slaughter when you call. He'll give you the best prices.
If you will live like no one else now. You can live like no one else later.
Fonger

Post by Fonger »

Yoda

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:47 am
Agees and J&J in Christiansburg seem to be where people go the most. Google junkyards in Christiansburg and their addresses should all come up. One of them is off the road to Radford but im not sure which.
J&J is actually in Radford, off of Hazel Hollow Road. They've got a "car lot" on Route 11 in Fairlawn, but the junkyard is off of Hazel Hollow Road.
I feel like a hundred bucks...
ford150

blacksburg junkyard

Post by ford150 »

olivers automotive mt tabor rd blacksburg 552-1972
hklvette

Post by hklvette »

I've been down Hazel Hollow a few times, and can't seem to find J&J. About how far down is it?
-Henry