welders

Wrenching and Technical Information

Moderator: Club Officers

Leach

Post by Leach »

Unless you recieved fellatio then no I would not have gone.

But i once had a hard on in a gay movie and thats fawking hilarious.
member # dos
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Leach is the man and if I ever refer to him as gay or about gay tendencies I will wear a skirt to the next club meeting and dance around with a 3 legged sheep.

All the input on this has been great. I'm definantly not going to jump to any decisions as to what welder to look into getting. A used MIG would be a good idea. I'll certainly let u guys know what I get so you guys can get a little more :evil: .
DD: 2003 GC Limited, 4.7L
Trail Rig: hmmm
Leach

Post by Leach »

Yea thats right, I am the man. Thanks for the props. Oh, and dont fawk with me, I have the power hahaha.

I agree with Benny on this just being around stick welders used on vehicle fab. While it can be done to strongly/succesfully weld tube and other crap the MIG welder is more versitile and easier to come out with good product.

There are used big MIG for sale alot, just save up about 600 bones and pounce on one when you see it.

And yes I do know big words.
member # dos
Billet Benny

Post by Billet Benny »

The General wrote: And yes I do know big words.
no you don't, you look them up at dictionary.com and don't lie. and whether or not i got my knob nibbled during brokeback is beside the point cause that's just disgusting. we both had much more class than that.
Benny
'98 Taco
'05 Taco
'00 Cummins
Billet Benny

Post by Billet Benny »

The General wrote: There are used big MIG for sale alot, just save up about 600 bones and pounce on one when you see it.
Wow, i didn't know you were capable of giving sound advice.. You learn well.. bwhahahahaha. BTW, "alot" is not a word.. it's "a lot".. such an Einstein.
Benny
'98 Taco
'05 Taco
'00 Cummins
yotacowboy

Post by yotacowboy »

Billet Benny wrote:we both had much more class than that.
does he have nice feet? is he clean? i hope you payed for his ticket, too. if you're not still seeing him can i have his number? thanks.
'91 Reg. Cab Yota DD: DOA 22re RV, .060 over,270 cam,ported,Thorley Tri-Y,2.25 cat,Flowey 40,SAS'd,Locked,Longed,Pig'd,Bumpered,Slidered,Sky wide axle,5.29's,Duals,Sky Tcase skid,37" Iroks,2.5" BS blk steelies,Allpro Hy-steer,HighAngle D-lines
Billet Benny

Post by Billet Benny »

Haha, awesome.. I love how the word "gay" is said in a thread and it turns into a feeding frenzy.. Hmmmm :confused2:
Benny
'98 Taco
'05 Taco
'00 Cummins
jonesy

Post by jonesy »

just find a 150 dllar buzz box and run some 6013 rod at about 35 amps. itll hold.
Billet Benny

Post by Billet Benny »

affende wrote:just find a 150 dllar buzz box and run some 6013 rod at about 35 amps. itll hold.
Then just get a piece of carpet.. What you can do is throw it by your truck then rub your feet on it and just touch whatever it is you want to fuse together. Static electricity baby.
Benny
'98 Taco
'05 Taco
'00 Cummins
jonesy

Post by jonesy »

Billet Benny wrote:
affende wrote:just find a 150 dllar buzz box and run some 6013 rod at about 35 amps. itll hold.
Then just get a piece of carpet.. What you can do is throw it by your truck then rub your feet on it and just touch whatever it is you want to fuse together. Static electricity baby.
i think the carpet might work better :lol2:
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

man i've got mad finger welding skills, what u know about that? ill wear my extra thick wool socks too
MILLER

Post by MILLER »

I finally have my mig welder (Millermatic 251, capable of doing 1/2" in a single pass) set up in my basement. Cannot weld anything on vehicles yet, but soon. I don't mean to be a dick but this machine is for my business so I will not do anything on it for free, but I will offer to weld up anything you want (out of steel) for $20 an hour. Now if you have everything set up and clean, there wont be much time on my part and little money out of your pocket. I am going to start another thread with more info in it.

Last edited by MILLER on Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
92 Toyota pickup, 5VZFE, SAS, 30 splines, football cover, spooled and welded, 4.10s, SOS prototype rear disc brake conversion, soon to be Maryland inspected
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

i might have some work for you miller considering it wont be awhile till i get my own welder, i will hopefully have some rock sliders that will need to go on after break shouldnt take very long
MILLER

Post by MILLER »

Just let my know, I will have power where I can get to a vehicle by then. I am also still willing to make sliders for you. 1.5 inch square tubing, 3/16" wall thickness gusseted and plated to your frame.
92 Toyota pickup, 5VZFE, SAS, 30 splines, football cover, spooled and welded, 4.10s, SOS prototype rear disc brake conversion, soon to be Maryland inspected
MILLER

Post by MILLER »

I need to add something to my $20 an hour for welding quote, that is only for club members, I will work up a price for others soon.